We are in the age of data, and there is tremendous demand for those who can analyze data and draw actionable insights from it. The Bachelor of Science in Analytics will provide you with the crucial competencies, skills, and experience you need to be in-demand across numerous industries, including marketing, finance, management, and healthcare.
Every day, 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created, and companies that are more proficient in data-driven decision making are more profitable than their competitors (Burning Glass, 2018). This means those with analytics skills are in high-demand, and our Bachelor of Science in Analytics program gives students the competencies, skills, and experience they need to have successful careers across a range of industries.
In this program you will develop your analytical capabilities through hands-on courses where you will:
- Develop a foundation of argumentation, reasoning, and analytical thinking
- Learn how to fetch and process data
- Run statistical analysis
- Program with R and Python
- Communicate the story told by the data through visualization tools
- Transform data into insights used for strategic decision-making
You will also have the opportunity to gain experience by working with leading companies on real-world data analytics projects that help them make critical decisions. You’ll be able to tailor your degree to your career goals by selecting electives that will prepare you for employment in a broad range of industries exercising your data analytics skills.
Pending final Board of Trustees approval anticipated January 2019.
- The 100% online format provides all the flexibility you need, where you can study when and where it’s convenient for you.
- You can participate in real-world, hands-on learning projects to ensure you get experience that puts you in demand with employers.
- You’ll learn from faculty experts who have extensive real-world experience and will ensure you get practical skills that will help you advance your career.
What you'll study
General Foundation Courses (21 s.h.)
Foundation Courses (37 s.h.)
ALY 2010 Probability Theory and Introductory Statistics
ALY 2100 Introduction to Programming for Data Analytics
Major Required Courses
ALY 4980 Capstone
Professional Electives (12 s.h.)
Suggested courses below, but any foundational course from MGT, MKT, FIN, PJM, MMG, CET, LDR, or BTC.
PJM 1000 Project Management Fundamentals
Open Electives to reach minimum of 120 s.h. required for degree
Must take one of each: EI, WI, SI, and ER
OR any foundational course from MGT, MKT, FIN, PJM, HMG, CET, LDR, or BTC.
Total requirements for degree: 120 s.h.