We are in the age of data, and there is tremendous demand for those who can analyze data and draw actionable insights from it. The Bachelor of Science in Analytics will provide you with the crucial competencies, skills, and experience you need to be in-demand across numerous industries, including marketing, finance, management, and healthcare.
Every day, 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created, and companies that are more proficient in data-driven decision making are more profitable than their competitors (Burning Glass, 2018). This means those with analytics skills are in high-demand, and our Bachelor of Science in Analytics program gives students the competencies, skills, and experience they need to have successful careers across a range of industries.
In this program you will develop your analytical capabilities through hands-on courses where you will:
- Develop a foundation of argumentation, reasoning, and analytical thinking
- Learn how to fetch and process data
- Run statistical analysis
- Program with R and Python
- Communicate the story told by the data through visualization tools
- Transform data into insights used for strategic decision-making
You will also have the opportunity to gain experience by working with leading companies on real-world data analytics projects that help them make critical decisions. You’ll be able to tailor your degree to your career goals by selecting electives that will prepare you for employment in a broad range of industries exercising your data analytics skills.
- You can participate in real-world, hands-on learning projects to ensure you get experience that puts you in demand with employers.
- You’ll learn from faculty experts who have extensive real-world experience and will ensure you get practical skills that will help you advance your career.
For International Students
- Please refer to the application deadlines page for available intake terms.
What you'll study
All undergraduate students are required to complete the University-Wide Requirements.
All undergraduate students are required to complete the NUpath Requirements.
Foundation Courses (57 s.h.)
Complete one of the following:
Computer Engineering Technology
Major Required Courses (27 s.h.)
Professional Electives (12 s.h.)
Complete 12 semester hours in the following subject areas below:
MGT, MKT, FIN, PJM, HMG, CET, LDR, BTC
Capstone (3 s.h.)
Electives (21 s.h.)
Complete a minimum of 21 semester hours to reach 120 semester hours. Courses in the major may not double count for electives.
Suggested Elective Courses:
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of empty credit hours that meet the degree requirements.