Why Computer Industry Writing ?
The Graduate Certificate in Computer Industry Writing provides in-demand technical writing and editing skills to help you advance as a technical communicator in your field.
The Graduate Certificate in Computer Industry Writing delivers in-demand technical writing and editing skills used in high-tech companies. You’ll have the opportunity to develop several types of technical documentation, including online help, user manuals, screencasts, quick reference guides, and a DITA project. Our courses also give you ample exposure to popular software tools used by technical communicators in the field today.
- A flexible, completely online course delivery format lets you complete your certificate in as little as 10 months
- Faculty are experts in the computer writing industry and seasoned online learning specialists
- Experiential learning options are available to certificate students
- You’ll wrap up your learning with a writing portfolio creation class to help prepare you for the job market
- Develop key technical communication skills, such as writing, editing, researching, and collaborating with other writers.
- Produce technical documents, such as a user manual, online help system, quick reference guide, and an online FAQ page.
- Create a professional online portfolio to showcase your technical writing documentation projects.
What you'll study
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of 20 credit hours that meet the degree requirements.