Why Computer Industry Writing ?
The online Graduate Certificate in Computer Industry Writing prepares graduates to excel in technical writing and highlights the latest software tools used in the industry today.
The Graduate Certificate in Computer Industry Writing delivers in-demand technical writing and editing skills used in high-tech companies. You’ll have the opportunity to develop several types of technical documentation, including online help, user manuals, screencasts, quick reference guides, and a DITA project. Our courses also give you ample exposure to popular software tools used by technical communicators in the field today. Courses from this certificate also serve as a concentration the Master of Science in Technical Communication (MSTC). You can directly apply the certificate courses to the MSTC.
- A flexible, completely on-line course delivery format lets you complete your certificate in as little as 10 months
- Faculty are experts in the computer writing industry and seasoned online learning specialists
- Experiential learning options are available to certificate students
- Transfer your earned credits directly to the Master of Science in Technical Communication
- You’ll wrap up your learning with a writing portfolio creation class to help prepare you for the job market
- Develop key technical communication skills, such as writing, editing, researching, and collaborating with other writers.
- Produce technical documents, such as a user manual, online help system, quick reference guide, and an online FAQ page.
- Create a professional online portfolio to showcase your technical writing documentation projects.