Why Learning Analytics?
The Graduate Certificate in Learning Analytics provides students with sought-after skills preparing them for a career in an ever-growing field.
Educators today are “swimming” in data about curricula, student assessment, social media, registrations, and demographics stored in data warehouses and "the cloud." This data makes it possible to collect, manage, and maintain massive amounts of educational information. The need to analyze and make data-based decisions in education has led to the emergence of a new field called Learning Analytics.
- Courses can be applied toward Northeastern's MEd program in Learning Analytics
- Online, interactive program allows for flexibility for working professionals
- Articulate and integrate diverse perspectives on the field of Learning Analytics, including Learning Analytics assumptions, theories, epistemologies, and debates
- Align Learning Analytics processes to address the needs of educational institutions and answer questions posed by educational leaders
- Select, prepare, implement, interpret, and evaluate learning analytic models appropriately
Career opportunities for Learning Analytics professionals in K-12 education, higher education, nonprofits and corporations include (but are not limited to):
- Chief Academic Officer
- Director of Learning Analytics
- Director of Institutional Research
- Learning Analytics Specialist
- Senior Institutional Research Analyst