Why Global Nonclinical Regulation of Biomedical Products?
The Graduate Certificate in Nonclinical Biomedical Products provides a comprehensive understanding of evolving nonclinical global biomedical product regulatory standards and processes.
The Graduate Certificate in Nonclinical Biomedical Products provides students with an opportunity to understand, develop, and apply global compliance standards in areas that are separate and distinct from direct clinical patient care. This includes, but is not limited to, design and preclinical development processes, including in vitro and in vivo animal testing, in silico testing, small scale/large scale manufacturing process development and validation, development and maintenance of supply chains, as well as product handling and distribution.
In this program, students will have the opportunity to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Differentiate between the nonclinical vs. clinical aspects of the global biomedical product commercialization process from a regulatory compliance perspective
- Explain the compliance associated requirements needed to successfully practice professional nonclinical work within the global biomedical products industry
- Describe the nonclinical regulatory standards utilized by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other global regulatory agencies to evaluate the safety and efficacy of new and existing biomedical products employed by healthcare practitioners in various patient settings
- Apply fundamental global nonclinical regulations to the biomedical product commercialization process, including therapy design, manufacturing process development and validation, cybersecurity and supply chain risk management
- Choose from elective courses that cover a broad range of practical and relevant issues in the field
- The BTC4450 Quality Control and Validation Issues course was developed in collaboration with quality assurance professionals from Vertex Pharmaceuticals, and other external pharmaceutical industry partners
- Courses from this certificate can be applied toward the Master of Science in Regulatory Affairs for Drugs, Biologics, and Medical Devices
What you'll study
Complete a minimum of 8 quarter hours from the following: