Why Organizational Communication?
The online Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication prepares students to excel as effective communicators and leaders in an organizational environment.
The Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication online program focuses on the dynamics of communication in complex organizations. Its goal is to reveal how individuals within such organizations can become effective communicators. Whether this involves meetings or professional presentations, communicating during a crisis, or intercultural exchanges, the message is consistent: effective communication is essential to career success in any organization. Related topics include ethical issues in organizational communication, as well as strategies and techniques for assessment, negotiation, and information management.
The online program is ideally suited to prepare students to communicate clearly in an organizational environment increasingly shaped by digital technology and media. The format also makes it easier for working professionals to balance coursework with their professional and personal commitments. Courses from this program can be applied toward the Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational Communication.
- Online program provides flexibility and interactive experience for working professionals
- Covers broad applications of organizational communication, for professional presentations, crisis management, or intercultural exchanges
- Elective offerings covering diverse aspects of organizational communication supplement foundational courses
- Courses from this certificate can be applied to the Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational Communication
Transfer Credit Opportunities for Certifications from Professional Associations
Successful applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication with their Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or Strategic Communication Management Professionals (CMP or SCMP):
- Will receive three quarter hours of transfer credit – a 17% savings in tuition
- Will be able to earn a graduate certificate by completing five courses, rather than six
- Transfer credit is awarded for the following course: CMN 6010 Strategic Communication Management
What you'll study
Complete two of the following:
Complete one of the following:
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of 18 credit hours that meet the degree requirements.