Why Project Management?
The Graduate Certificate in Project Business Analysis prepares learners either for a career as a business analyst, or as a pathway for entry level project management jobs in project analyst and project coordinator roles.
Requirements analysis is the heart of the project and a critical skillset that is leveraged across the spectrum of project work. This program will provide the practicing project manager with a solid framework and understanding of the process of developing requirements while emphasizing the need to engage stakeholders throughout the process to ensure the outcomes meet the desired needs of the organization.
This graduate certificate will allow students to possess an in-demand skill set, enabling them to have a better opportunity at finding entry level positions as a PMO analyst or entry level business analyst, and will prepare these individuals with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to effectively create and manage requirements to meet stakeholder needs.
Students in this program will:
- Develop a strong framework and understanding of the role of business analyst
- Understand and analyze the voice of the customer and explore potential solutions to the need
- Apply tools and techniques to elicit requirements (business requirements, stakeholder requirements)
- Translate the needs of the business into clear, concise, quality requirements (solution requirements, functional and non-functional requirements)
- Apply analytical skills in the business analysis process
- Develop a personal leadership strategy for success as a business analyst
- Focuses on a specific, but a widespread field that exists within a variety of industries
- Northeastern faculty experts, who have extensive and proven experience in program and portfolio management
- Courses that focus on providing critical skills for successfully creating and managing requirements that meet business/ stakeholder needs