Why Project Business Analysis?
The Graduate Certificate in Project Business Analysis prepares you for a career as a business analyst or as a pathway for entry-level project management jobs in project analyst and project coordinator roles.
At the heart of every project is requirements analysis. It's a critical skill set, leveraged across the spectrum of project work. This program provides practicing project managers with a solid framework and understanding of the process of developing requirements. It also emphasizes the need to engage stakeholders throughout the process to ensure outcomes meet the desired needs of the organization.
This graduate certificate allows you to possess an in-demand skill set. It gives you a better opportunity at finding entry-level positions as a PMO analyst or entry-level business analyst. And it prepares you with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to create and manage requirements to meet stakeholder needs effectively.
In this program, you will:
- Develop a strong framework and understanding of the role of business analyst
- Understand and analyze the voice of the customer and explore potential solutions for their needs
- Apply tools and techniques to elicit requirements (business requirements, stakeholder requirements)
- Translate the needs of the business into clear, concise, quality requirements (solution requirements, functional and nonfunctional requirements)
- Apply analytical skills in the business analysis process
- Develop a personal leadership strategy for success as a business analyst
- 100% online format designed for working professionals
- Focuses on a specific, but widespread, field that exists within a variety of industries
- Taught by Northeastern faculty experts who have extensive and proven experience in program and portfolio management
- Courses focus on providing critical skills for successfully creating and managing requirements that meet business and stakeholder needs
What you'll study
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of 18 credit hours that meet the degree requirements.