Why Strategic Intelligence & Analysis ?
The Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence and Analysis is for students seeking careers in the intelligence field and those who already work in intelligence collection, and is designed to prepare the next generation of intelligence analyst leaders.
The Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence & Analysis is designed for students who seek careers in the intelligence field, as well as professionals whose agencies or clientele are charged with the acquisition and interpretation of intelligence. The degree features courses in fundamental intelligence disciplines, such as analysis and epistemology, intelligence collection, and others. Every analyst in the Intelligence Community is expected to be proficient in 6 core competencies. The competencies enumerated by the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) are as follows:
- Engagement and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking
- Personal Leadership and Integrity
- Accountability for Results
- Technical Expertise
The program focuses on summarizing psychological theories relevant to critical thinking and analytical techniques, demonstrating knowledge, through examination procedures, of the major theories and research findings in intelligence analysis, becoming familiar with analytical literature through independent reading, and applying analytical techniques and theories to problem sets. The Master’s in Strategic Intelligence and Analysis prepares the next generation of intelligence analysts for leadership roles in the public and private sectors.
- Northeastern faculty experts, who have contributed to local, state, and national intelligence and analytics efforts, and have advised high-level decision makers in Boston and other major cities, the military, port authorities, the White House, and various federal intelligence agencies.
- Affiliation with Northeastern's Kostas Research Institute, which offers research opportunities, guest speakers, in addition to the credibility, contacts and resources associated with its work with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Courses and Concentrations that help launch or advance careers by providing skills for analysis roles in either the public sector or the private sector.
Unique Transfer Credit Opportunity
Northeastern recognizes the knowledge and competencies demonstrated by Navy IW-qualified individuals (Officer, Enlisted, Active, or Reserve). Individuals with this status have the unique opportunity to accelerate through the Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence and Analysis by applying this qualification in exchange for transfer credit.
Successful IW-qualified applicants can experience the following:
- Will receive 12 quarter hours of transfer credit – a 25% savings in tuition
- Will enjoy the convenience of a 100% online, interactive curriculum or choose to complete classes on ground in Boston
- Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence and Analysis program, IW-qualified individuals will also receive the coveted 2400 Designation: Strategic Intelligence Sub Specialty Code
- Transfer credit is awarded for the following courses: SIA 6050- All-Source Intelligence, SIA 6060- Human Intelligence Operations, SIA 6070- Analysis for Counterterrorism
Contact us today for more information by completing the form on our page.
What you'll study
Complete one of the following:
Complete 6-8 quarter hours from the following:
Complete four of the following: