Why Learning Analytics?
The Master of Education in Learning Analytics Online program provides students with sought after skills in educational data analysis, preparing them to become leaders in an ever growing field.
Succeeding in today's learning landscape relies upon maximizing the vast amounts of data that are currently being generated in education. A Master’s degree in Learning Analytics positions you to make effective decisions based on highly relevant “big data” that ultimately improve the learning environment. As a graduate of one of the country’s only master’s programs in learning analytics, you are uniquely positioned to harness the power of educational data and help re-shape the future of education at all levels.
- Engage in experiential learning and a Capstone project
- Gain hands-on experience using real educational data and state-of-the-art analytics software
- Students create an ePortfolio of work samples that demonstrates their mastery of learning analytics
- Online Program provides flexibility to working professionals and access to wide global network of colleagues and peers
- Learn key analytics concepts and theories and relate them to education
- Articulate and integrate learning analytics assumptions, theories, epistemologies, and debates
- Align learning analytics processes to address the needs of educational institutions and answer questions posed by educational leaders
- Implement educational data mining and predictive analytics techniques to improve educational outcomes for students and institutions
- Effectively select, prepare, implement, interpret, and evaluate learning analytic models
- Communicate data trends via data informative visualizations and dashboards to meet the needs of users throughout the educational system
- Engage in project planning, communication, delivery, and reporting
- Anticipate and contribute to the future direction of learning analytics
Today’s educators are swimming in a sea of data. Despite its increasing relevance and strong promise, there is a significant shortage of professionals with sufficient expertise, as the current generation of educators is not equipped to meet its demands or take advantage of its benefits. The Master of Education in Learning Analytics degree opens up a world of opportunity. As a learning analytics expert, you will equipped with a unique blend of educational, analytical and professional capabilities that are in high demand. Graduates are positioned for leadership roles in higher education (institutional research, information technology, and enrollment management), K-12 education (data divisions in district and state departments of education), educational technology companies and startups, educational think-tanks and other settings.Professional pathways include:
- Chief Academic Officer
- Director of Learning Analytics
- Director of Institutional Research
- Learning Analytics Specialist
- Senior Institutional Research Analyst
What you'll study
Concentration in Learning Analytics
Complete the following course last: