Why Applied Machine Intelligence?
If you’re looking for a successful career in applied artificial intelligence and machine learning in the fields of pharmaceuticals/healthcare, finance, human resources, and business ventures, the MPS in Applied Machine Intelligence program prepares you to excel in these fast-growing and highly in-demand fields—focusing on data, technology, and human literacy.
In this program, you’ll take a multi-disciplinary approach to learning, creating well-rounded and sought-after innovators primed to utilize data and AI to inform domain-specific business decisions. Combining the disciplines of applied machine learning and artificial intelligence, data management, data analysis, and data visualization, a Master of Professional Studies in Applied Machine Intelligence teaches you to solve business problems within the rapidly growing field of artificial intelligence.
The diverse concentrations of healthcare, finance, human resources, and business ventures are a direct reflection of the AI value potential in these categories. Our program empowers students to apply AI models and algorithms to a chosen industry and focuses on the interpretation, operationalization, contextualization, and implementation of AI.
With a modular curriculum, you can easily customize your learning activities and experiences across multiple contexts both online and on-ground. Plus, you can earn your degree in less than two years.
- Technological literacy: evaluating and integrating tools, techniques and conceptual skills necessary for managing complex systems.
- Data literacy: illustrating the significance of digital and global transformation leading to the creation of business strategies, to make data informed decisions, and to drive innovation as well as create competitive advantage.
- Human literacy: lifelong learning, communication, and design, and leading innovation needed for guiding AI systems, including assessing and developing an ethical position, critical thinking and cultural agility.
- Graduate with a portfolio of work samples that demonstrate your range and depth of competencies and skills with machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Work closely with faculty from different fields and areas of expertise.
- Our experiential AI curricula includes an introductory core, as well as an advanced core with an end-to-end AI education, with the goal to proactively and thoughtfully prepare students for the evolving technology and the challenges it presents.
According to Gartner, an estimated 2.3 million AI jobs will be created by 2020. Now’s the time to prepare yourself for a changing industry by building desirable skills and experience with an MPS in Applied Machine Intelligence.
Hear more from industry experts speaking at Northeastern’s AI Symposium on how AI-related technologies will impact organizations and workers.
What you'll study
Master of Professional Studies in Applied Machine Intelligence General Requirements
Experiential Network and Capstone
Complete a minimum of 10 quarter hours from the following to reach 45 quarter hours.
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of empty credit hours that meet the degree requirements.