Why Digital Media?
The Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media Connect program offers students without prior experience in core technical and/or creative concepts a bridge pathway into the degree. These 12 additional quarter hours of credit—offered as four foundation courses—provide intensive, hands-on guidance into the essential knowledge required for the MPS Digital Media curriculum.
For students considering a career change into digital media, this bridge will help you connect your current background to a new digital media path. Courses focus on visual communications, programming foundations, and web creation. Once the bridge courses are completed, students move into the main MPS in Digital Media degree course requirements.
- Please note, the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media Connect program is available to both international and domestic students. If you are a domestic student, you may also be eligible to apply to the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media program. Please visit the MPS in Digital Media program page to learn more.
- Change careers and break into the digital media industry without getting a second bachelor's degree. Prospective students should be aware that there are 12 quarter hours of required coursework that should be completed in the first quarter of the program.
- Four foundation courses provide students with a strong bridge to connect their current background to a new digital media path.
- Complete an in-depth capstone experience working under the guidance of a faculty advisor.
- Three elective options provide a specialized focus on distinctive areas of digital media, and optional digital media workshops are also available.
- Cohort program format is designed to enhance collaboration and networking opportunities for students.
- Specialized Knowledge
Design and produce interactive websites and application prototypes incorporating a variety of digital media based on established human computer interaction principles, theory, and research.
- Broad and Integrative Knowledge
Assess broad communication and entertainment project goals to then design a variety of interactive digital media projects drawing on the perspectives and methods of several interrelated creative fields.
- Applied and Collaborative Learning
Apply digital media narrative principles and a range of technologies and visual, design, and programming ideas to provide creative and timely solutions for practical digital media challenges.
- Civic and Global Learning
Develop a formal proposal, real or hypothetical, addressing a challenge or opportunity in cross-cultural and global information and communication.
- Experiential Learning
Synthesize and transfer learning to new, complex situations within coursework or beyond the classroom.
Who will your classmates be?
This program is intended to give those without prior experience or background in visual communications, programming, and coding a chance to learn these skills fully online.
Transfer Credit Opportunities for Certifications from Professional Associations
Successful applicants for a master's degree program in the Social Media concentration with their HubSpot Academy Certification:
- Will receive 4 quarter hours of transfer credit – a 6% savings in tuition
- Will be able to earn a master’s degree by completing 14 courses, rather than 15
- Transfer credit is awarded for the following course: DGM 6285 Interactive Marketing Fundamentals
What you'll study
Required Core Courses
Technical course from the workshops list.
Complete one of the following:
Optional digital media workshops are designed to provide valuable technical skills and tools for students in all graduate degree programs.
Usability and Development Track
Complete four courses:
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of 56 credit hours that meet the degree requirements.