The Master of Science in Leadership prepares you to meet the evolving challenges of today's world by helping you cultivate a personal leadership philosophy.
As today's workforce continues to diversify, leadership tasks and responsibilities have become more complex. Leveraging students’ interdisciplinary backgrounds, this master's degree in leadership combines real-world lessons with an action-learning approach that is designed to build and strengthen your leadership capabilities.
Our approach to cultivating strong leaders is proven to work -- not just in the United States but in other countries as well, including emerging democracies where schools are using it to grow their own leadership infrastructures. As a result, we have developed strategic partnerships with the International University in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, in which they draw on our faculty to share their approach to preparing students to be effective leaders in a global community as well as the curricula they've developed.
- Online program designed for working professionals and those looking to enhance their career experience
- Specialize your focus by choosing from seven different concentrations
- Participate in Capstone Project
- Opportunity for integrated experiential learning
- Develop and bolster your leadership competencies
- Explore key leadership areas such as: management, ethics, strategic thinking, and organizational culture
- Prepare for the challenges and opportunities associated with leading in a global world
- Exercise leadership skills through action-learning and research projects
- Improve your ability to lead and work both independently and collaboratively
Unique Transfer Credit Opportunities
About the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Opportunities:
Why consider a graduate degree from Northeastern University? We recognize the knowledge and HR competencies demonstrated by those who have earned their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification through the Society of Human Resource Management. As a result, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credential-holders have the unique opportunity to accelerate through a Northeastern University Graduate Program by applying this credential in exchange for transfer credit.
Successful applicants for a master's degree program with their SHRM-CP:
- Will receive 3 quarter hours of transfer credit - a 6% savings in tuition
- Will be able to earn a master’s degree by completing 14 courses, rather than 15
- Transfer credit is awarded for the following courses: HRM 6015 Introduction to Human Resources Management
Successful applicants for a master's degree program with their SHRM-SCP:
- Will receive 6 quarter hours of transfer credit - a 13% savings in tuition
- Will be able to earn a master’s degree by completing 13 courses, rather than 15
- Transfer credit is awarded for the following courses: HRM 6015 Introduction to Human Resources Management and HRM 6005 Creating a High-Performance Organization
Contact us today for more information by completing the form on our page.
In September of 2009, the Master of Science in Leadership with a concentration in Project Management received accreditation by the Project Management Institute's Global Accreditation Center (GAC), the world's leading association for project management professionals. Accreditation is achieved by meeting the GAC’s rigorous standards, which include an assessment of program objectives and outcomes, a review of onsite and online resources, evaluations of faculty and students, and proof of continuous improvements in the area of project management.
|MS in Leadership. Project Management Concentration||68||104||134||124||90|
|MS in Leadership. Project Management Concentration||27||31||51||46||43|
What you'll study
Complete at least one of the following:
Complete at least one of the following:
Complete three of the following. (Students waived out of HRM 6015, complete four of the following).
Note: Students with project management experience are not required to take PJM 5900:
Complete one of the following. (Note: Students who are not required to take PJM 5900 complete two of the following).