- Email: [email protected]
Dr. Hernan Murdock, CIA, CRMA is VP - Audit Division at the MIS Training Institute and is a senior lecturer at the college. He has held positions in banking, as director of training, and various audit positions while leading and performing audit and consulting projects for clients in the manufacturing, transportation, high tech, education, insurance, and power generation industries.
He has written books, book chapters and articles on internal auditing, whistleblowing programs, mentoring programs, fraud, deception, behavioral profiling, capitalism and corporate social responsibility. Dr. Murdock has conducted audit and consulting projects, delivered seminars and invited talks, and made numerous presentations at internal audit, academic, and government functions in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- DBA: Argosy University (Sarasota, FL), 2007
- CSS: Harvard University (Cambridge, MA), 1996
- MBA: Suffolk University (Boston, MA), 1992
- BSBA Suffolk University (Boston, MA), 1990
- CRMA Certification in Risk Management Assurance (IIA), 2013
- QAR Accreditation in Internal Quality Assessment/Validation (IIA), 2008
- Leadership and Customer Service (AchieveGlobal), 2007
- IDC Certified Instructor (IIA), 2006
- CIA Certified Internal Auditor (IIA), 2001.
- Auditor Essentials: 100 Concepts, Tools and Techniques for Success (CRC Press, 2019)
- Operational Auditing: Principles and Techniques for a Changing World (CRC Press, 2017)
- 10 Key Techniques to Improve Team Productivity (The IIA Research Foundation, 2011)
- Using Surveys in Internal Audits (The IIA Research Foundation, 2009).
- Banking Operations: 7 years
- Business Analyst: 2 years
- Internal Audit (Practitioner, Instructor, Author): 20+ years