Lorrie M. Deyelle, GPHR, SPHR, SCP, CCP
(978) 930-4747 · firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Human Resources Leader
An accomplished Human Resources executive with in-depth international experience and a consistent record of developing corporate-wide strategic goals and implementing key business initiatives that measurably impact shareholder value. Noted for innovation, leading major change efforts, and creating operational excellence in human resources. Demonstrated expertise in organizational design and development, shared services implementation, compensation plans, staffing, benefits, employee relations, HRIS, and talent development.
Building Global Capability: Successfully opened offices in more than 40 countries and built HR teams and country/region-specific strategies and infrastructure to enable global growth. Extensive experience with implementing global initiatives and integrations due to depth of expertise with cultural norms and work practices internationally.
Growing Shareholder Value: Reduced time-to-billable for new Parexel employees by designing consistent on-boarding programs globally, resulting in revenue gain of $17M annually (or $.01 EPS). Re-designed more than 300 work stream processes in MedCom, moving profitability from -15% to break-even in 18 months and 9% profitability in three years.
M&A Due Diligence and Integrations: Led HR due diligence on more than 30 acquisitions, including the $100M acquisition of U.K.-based ClinPhone by Parexel. Divested Barnett Educational Services, leading entire process through managing the close. Served as HR lead for suitors during due diligence inquiries at Eigner and prepared company for integration with Agile following acquisition.
Medicago, Inc., Quebec City, Quebec June 2018 - Present
Biopharmaceutical Company focused on developing fku vaccines.
Vice President, Human Resources
Hired to transform organization from and R&D organization to a commercial organization. As head of Human Resources I am focused on building higher level strategic business consulting by achieving efficiencies in tactical and transactional processes that permit increased investment in resources at all levels.
Kinapse LTD, Wimbledon, UK Aug 2016 -Present
Private owned VC backed, Kinapse provides expert advisory, capability building and operational services to the world’s leading life sciences organizations, their customers, suppliers and regulators.
Head of Human Resources and Facilities Worldwide
Realigned Human Resources and facilities functions to deliver strategic and tactical imperatives aligned with the goals of the organization. Major focus was on designing and implementing tactical processes to support the growth of the business.
- Designed and led the design and opening of a 30,000-square foot flagship office in India, housing more than 300 employees. Project was delivered on time and on budget exceeding the expectations for the project.
- Partnered with the service line leads on organizational tactical initiatives: organizational redesign, leadership coaching, scaling for growth, client pitches, hiring ramps, and performance management.
- Developed and deployed HR Strategy and tactical plan outlining strategic imperatives, critical human resources processes, facilities management and performance measures.
- Consolidated talent acquisition to be part of the HR function allowing management to focus on service line deliverables. This included successfully managing an RFP leading to the selection of an RPO.
- Successfully designed and implemented Workplace of Choice (Employee Engagement) initiative forming several verticals focused on Learning and Development, Culture, Corporate Social Responsibility, Employee Activities and Health and Wellness.
- Redesigned US Benefit programs improving employee morale and turnover by more than 20%.
NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA 1998 – Present
MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Bedford, MA 2011 - Present
Adjunct Professor: Prepare and deliver relevant curriculum to students in the Business Undergraduate and Graduate programs, Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract. Evaluate and select texts and instructional materials; prepare course materials and lesson plans. Provide students an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria. students.
CARECENTRIX, HARTFORD, CT Oct 2013 –Feb2016
Private owned VC backed home healthcare solutions business that works with health plans and providers to coordinate timely, appropriate and effective home health services, contributing to better patient outcomes and lower overall health care costs with 1.3B in annual revenue.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Shifted capabilities of Human Resources to higher level strategic business consulting by achieving efficiencies in tactical and transactional processes that permit increased investment in resources at all levels.
- Developed and deployed HR Strategy map outlining strategic imperatives, critical processes and performance measures. Completed Organizational & Leadership framework (philosophy, tools and templates); completed initial talent assessment.
- Redesigned organizational structure to recruit, hire and onboard 400+ employees in a 4-month timeframe to meet the implementation and onboarding of a new client. Grew the company from 1100 employees to 1800 in 18 months overall, meeting all client needs.
- Successfully co-led the creation of mission, vision and values for CCX 2.0.launching a cultural transformation. Deployed Golden Thread process ensuring that all employees aligned goals and objectives to Corporate Strategic Goals.
- Developed robust Performance Management philosophy and framework. Rolled out to organization with a 100% completion rate for 2013 and 2014.
- Redesigned overall compensation program working with outside consulting firm. Implemented bonus, base pay and benefit programs aligned with corporate strategy.
- Reduced corporate turnover rate by 19% bringing it from 31.4% in 2013 to 25.2% in 2014 and 23.2% in 2015.
- Conducted overall benefits review implemented a $465K annual savings.
- Led and partnered with the business on organizational and leadership issues: organizational restructuring activities, leadership coaching, organizational (re)design, outsourcing, scaling for growth planning, client implementations, hiring ramps, and acquisition integration.
Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals, Cambridge, MA June 2012 – OCT 2013
Early stage Biopharmaceutical Company focused on developing hemophilia therapies. Company went into bankruptcy and then sold to two different buyers due to monopolistic regulations.
Vice President, Human Resources
Recruited to company on the verge of its receiving outside investment to scale for significant growth. Business was closed due to insufficient funding.
- Built the HR foundation including appropriate pay systems, benefit plans, pension plans, and corporate values.
- Successfully partnered with the CEO in outlining a viable transition plan to move forward with an organization that can successfully operate under extremely tight financial circumstances while still enable achievement of value-saving programs.
PAREXEL International, Lowell, MA 2003 – 2012
$1B+ global biopharmaceutical services company with over 13,000 employees in 56 countries.
Vice President, Human Resources
Transformed the impact of human resources on strategic business units and lead the development and implementation of global initiatives aligned with business objectives. Served as the HR business partner and executive committee member for four of the seven strategic business units. Also responsible for shared services, quality and process management, and payroll for 26 countries. Manage six direct reports and oversee matrixed staff of more than 120 in 56 countries.
- Partnered with COO and Director of Strategy to create entirely new strategic business unit (Parexel Consulting) by transforming three separate entities spread across 20 countries. Designed organizational structure, compensation programs, and services offerings.
- Created first-ever employee score cards that focused people and their incentives on achieving profitability at the project level, resulting in gross margin increases from 28% to 46% in three years.
- Led HR due diligence and integration for several acquisitions, including the $100M U.K.-based ClinPhone. Developed and led two-year integration plan involving six countries.
- Created global corporate Performance Management program and moved 9,000 employees from anniversary reviews to focal point review. Reduced over-budget salary increases by $3M in first year and increased on-time reviews from 56% to 98% company-wide.
- Reduced time-to-billable for new employees from 11.55 to 7.91 days (32%) by working with Six Sigma Master Black Belt to design consistent on-boarding programs globally, increasing revenue $17M annually (or $.01 EPS).
- Led complete re-design of MedCom business work streams to focus on project life cycle management and increase efficiency. Re-designed more than 300 processes and successfully moved MedCom business profitability from -15% at time of implementation to break-even in 18 months and 9% profitability in three years.
- Developed and launched corporate-wide program focused on creating bottom-line impact by aligning incentives with the achievement of identified business-related metrics at all levels such as billable utilization, revenue per employee, new business award targets, and project multiple. Incentives calculated and paid quarterly to maintain focus.
- Selected as one of the first Administrative function to participate in Developing Future Leaders – High Potential Program
Eigner, Inc., Waltham, MA 2001 – 2003
Global Director, Human Resources
Responsibility for all human resources programs, staff, and budget. Member of the executive committee and involved in board presentations. Managed all facilities and operational issues worldwide, including the opening and closing of several European offices. Spent 75% of time in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, and the U.K.
- Integrally involved in securing second round of funding, including preparation of business plan, financials, and service offerings. Facilitated strategic planning process for executive team.
- Built human resources function, instituted best policies and practices, and hired and trained international HR team. Developed and implemented a new total compensation program, including executive compensation plans and a comprehensive employee benefit program.
- Developed and implemented performance management program globally that coached first-time managers how to successfully engage, motive, and develop their direct reports.
- Served as HR lead for suitors during due diligence inquiries and prepared company for integration with Agile following acquisition.
NetGenesis Corp., Cambridge, MA 1999 – 2001
Global Director, Human Resources
Established the human resources function and eliminated outsourced HR services, saving $1M per year. Developed a highly effective global recruitment and selection program, resulting in 200 hires in an 18-month period. Integrally involved in preparing company for IPO. Worked directly with the investment bankers and outside counsel to prepare all necessary documentation regarding organizational structure, processes, and procedures.
Various Human Resource positions 1980 – 1999
Education & Certifications
Franklin Pierce College
B.S., International Management – Magna Cum Laude 3.71 GPA
Harvard Executive Program – Strategic Human Resource Management
ACA/World at Work – Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
SHRM – Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Global HR (GPHR), SCP and International Human Resources Certificate