Granite Telecommunications – Quincy, Massachusetts
February 2012 to present
Granite is one of the premier telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. $1.4 billion in annual revenue
- Vice President and Corporate Controller
Responsible for Financial Accounting, Financial Reporting, Cost Assurance, Supply Chain Management, Risk Management, Executive Decision Support, and Accounts Payable. Implementation of controls and process improvements. Thought leadership in system design. Successful negotiation of service and equipment contracts leading to seven-figure annual profit enhancements.
Ze-gen, Inc. – Boston, Massachusetts
A venture-backed, development stage renewable energy company.
- Chief Financial Officer, May 2011 to February 2012
- Vice President and Controller, February, 2009 to April 2011
As a key member of senior management, implementation of systems and controls at this pre-revenue stage company.
Novanta (formerly GSI Group) – Corporate Finance – Bedford, Massachusetts (1989-2009)
Held various senior corporate, group and divisional financial positions including Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, International Controller, Group Controller, and Division Controller.
As Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, responsible for all aspects of Global financial planning and analysis for this publicly traded $300M+ high tech manufacturing organization. Conceive, develop and implement planning processes across 6 plants and several distribution channel sites in 8 countries. Leverage a corporate staff and strong relationships with operations and financial management across the company to deliver timely and meaningful planning and analysis. Responsible for development and maintenance of the financial reporting and analysis tool.
Key accomplishments include:
- Leadership and staff development
- Led migration from spreadsheet-based financial reporting and planning to an enterprise-wide financial reporting, planning, and analysis tool (Infor BPA)
- Developed and implemented a streamlined financial consolidation process (in Oracle G/L) across multiple financial systems and currencies in full compliance with FAS52
- Automated intercompany sales elimination and profit-in-inventory elimination task within the financial consolidation process, shrinking the close duration, and minimizing opportunities for manual errors
- Led seamless post merger consolidation of two corporate accounting staffs (Canada and USA), resulting in a 50% reduction in staff
- Identified an opportunity and implemented the transfer of the Asia-Pacific accounting service center from Japan to Taiwan resulting in improved controls and management support, as well as a 50% cost savings
- Led a project to re-implement the (Oracle) ERP tool at the Munich sales and service office; analyzed needs, developed simplified processes, and successfully re-launched; enhancements include a reduction of non-value added activity by leveraging Oracle’s multi-site sales order processing capability (eliminating manual intercompany purchase orders, sales orders, and arm’s length AR/AP reconciliation).
- Led roll-out of Oracle ERP to Japan, Taiwan and Korea distribution channel sites resulting in improved visibility, control, and timeliness of information
- Financial lead on ERP selection team; architect for ERP financial module; led successful implementation of Oracle ERP in the division (first in the company), since the paradigm for ten other units of the company
Genuity (formerly Bolt, Beranek and Newman) – Cambridge / Billerica, Massachusetts
Plant Controller / Financial Manager, 1982 – 1989
- Financial lead for the manufacturing unit of this Internet pioneer; implemented ASK-Manman; developed financial processes and staff in a start-up environment.
Standard Thomson Corporation – Waltham, Massachusetts
Cost Accountant, 1980 – 1982