Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
In this rapidly changing business environment, the barriers between institutions are eroding, and competition is increasing due to deregulation and new product development. Managing internal operations more efficiently and adapting to the changing external environment is critical to the long-term survival of institutions.
Students will enhance their understanding of financial systems by learning to measure the impact of accounting decisions on performance; to manage risks, assets, and liabilities to meet corporate goals; to understand domestic and international financial systems and the institutions within them; and to build financial relationships that foster marketing financial products. An examination of financial services industry principles and practices will provide individuals working in brokerage houses, investment or commercial banks, insurance companies, or real estate with a greater understanding of financial systems as well as how to manage risks, assets, and liabilities in meeting corporate goals.
- Program is appropriate for individuals working in brokerage houses, investment or commercial banks, insurance companies, or real estate
- Boston location on flagship campus, a hub for healthcare, education, finance, business, biotechnology, and the life sciences
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our business alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- State Street
- Fidelity Investments
- Dell EMC
What They Do
- Business Development
What They're Skilled At
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.