Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
Projections for the healthcare industry state that job growth will remain above average into the next decade. The needs of an aging population along with the increased human life cycle are just some of the factors contributing to this growth. Health managers, responsible for designing, administering, managing, and evaluating health policies, programs, and services, are found in different roles across healthcare organizations including:
- Strategic planning
- Human resources
- All credits earned in the Graduate Certificate in Health Management can be applied toward the MS in Leadership program
- The program offers training in theory, history, and policy of health management as well as practical strategic training
- Choose from a range of elective courses covering diverse issues relevant to the health management field
- Online program provides flexibility for working professionals and those looking to enhance their career
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete two of the following (minimum of 6 quarter hours):
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (Official transcripts required at the time of admission)
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Public Health & Public Policy alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- City of Boston
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
What They Do
- Community and Social Services
- Business Development
- Healthcare Services
What They're Skilled At
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
- Public Policy
- Nonprofit Organizations
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.