Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
The Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration is designed to provide participants with an overall understanding of managerial concepts as well as the operational and strategic concepts that lead to effective administration. This program is best suited for individuals seeking mid- to senior-level administrative roles and individuals interested in transitioning from industry and other organizations into academia.
- Program suited for individuals seeking mid- to senior-level administrative roles and individuals interested in transitioning into academia
- Credits can be applied toward the Master of Education in Higher Education Administration
The effective administration of higher education institutions has never been so critical than at this time. Consider:
- European and Asian universities are ascending in quality; increasing as market forces
- The electronic delivery of education is escalating, creating new pedagogy and delivery models
To meet these challenges, as well as changing demographics, financial concerns, and legal and policy requirements, administrators and leaders in higher education need to be increasingly sophisticated and knowledgeable.
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Required Core Courses
Complete one of the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500-1000 words): identifying your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to applicant's statement of purpose
- Professional resumé: Current resumé that displays job responsibilities, relevant experience, and education history
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Proof of English language proficiency: ONLY for students for whom English is not their primary language
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Education & Learning alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Boston Public Schools
- Chicago Public Schools
- NYC Department of Education
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Tufts University
What They Do
- Community and Social Services
- Business Development
- Human Services
What They're Skilled At
- Public Speaking
- Curriculum Development
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.