Northeastern University College of Professional Studies has partnered with International University (IU) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, to offer its Master of Science in Leadership program to students in this fast-developing country. With more than 30 graduates, the joint degree program in Ho Chi Minh City allows students to earn a master's degree in leadership from Northeastern University, while never leaving Ho Chi Minh City.
With a combination of four business courses from IU and eight leadership courses from Northeastern, this leadership program is designed to prepare English-speaking Vietnamese students to be leaders at the global level. Coursework combines an emphasis on business and governmental projects with a focus on personal leadership development.
“Our partnership with International University gives faculty the opportunity to teach, to learn and to enhance pedagogy while simultaneously providing students the fundamental skills necessary to successfully lead their companies in today’s dynamic, complex, global economy," explained instructor Teresa Goode. "The MS in Leadership program provides an ideal environment for faculty to provide students with the competencies and experiences necessary to influence economic growth within Vietnam.” In 2017, NU hosted its first pinning ceremony in Ho Chi Minh City to celebrate 3 cohorts of graduates from the joint degree leadership program.
- Completed IU and NU application (paper application, professional resumé, two letters of recommendation)
- A recognized bachelor's degree (Official undergraduate degree documentation)
- Evidence of TOEFL score of 79 or higher (20 or higher for writing portion) or equivalent English language requirement
- Earn a master’s degree from a U.S. institution in less than two years
- Experienced instructors grounded in real-world practice and content
- Taught entirely in Ho Chi Minh City by U.S. and Vietnamese lecturers with online and face-to-face course components
- No work experience requirements for entry
- Opportunity to participate in virtual real-world international consulting projects (upon successful completion of eligibility requirements)