Your journey to an American university degree begins with our innovative Pathway Programs. Meet new people from around the globe, while enjoying access to the resources of a world-class American university.
Global Pathways offers you the opportunity to follow an academic preparation program that leads to a graduate degree at Northeastern University.
The Global Pathways Program offers specialized areas of academic study, intensive English language training, and academic skills preparation. You can concentrate your studies in one of three areas: Business; Engineering, Math and Computer Science; or Humanities and Social Sciences. Upon your successful completion of the program, you are admitted to your chosen undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Academic record equivalent to a GPA of at least 2.5
- High-intermediate to advanced level of English equivalent to iBT 65 for undergraduates and iBT 61 for postgraduates
- Select from three entry points each year: Fall, Spring, and Summer
- Complete the program in one, two, or three semesters depending on your qualifications
- Benefit from academic advising, online tutoring, and student support services
- Enjoy access to all University facilities
- Choose from a wide range of degree programs
- Guaranteed entry to a Northeastern University degree program upon successful completion of Global Pathways
The US Pathway Program is a multi-component program created by the Consortium of North American Universities (CNAU). Through USPP, students in China are prepared to enter a bachelor’s degree program in one of the CNAU institutions. Upon successful completion of USPP, students are offered admission to a CNAU member institution without requiring a TOEFL or IELTS score. In USPP, students earn academic credits, and benefit from comprehensive English and study skills preparation and a supportive learning environment. Students who successfully complete the program can earn up to 34 semester hours of credit allowing them to matriculate into their second year of study.
Click here to view the current USPP Catalog, updated Fall 2017 (PDF)
The CNAU member institutions are:
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- High school diploma
- High school GPA 2.5 equivalent or above
- Pass USPP English examination
- Residence in China
- A pathway to enrollment at top U.S. colleges/universities
- A two-semester English course to build academic skills to a level which will enable students to participate successfully in all facets of academic and college life in the U.S.
- Spend “Summer Bridge” term in the U.S. as you transition to the academic and social life in an American college/university
- Discover your education and job options in the Career and Program Counseling course
- Benefit from transition assistance as you enter your destination institution