(for students working toward Special Education Licensure)
This scholarship is awarded to an outstanding graduate student currently enrolled in the MEd or MAT+ who demonstrates the commitment, disposition, and competency to be an effective special educator.
Scholarship Award Process:
Scholarship application reviews occur after each deadline for students who have been admitted to an academic program, have completed a scholarship application, and have submitted required documents.
Award letters are published after the deadline. Selected recipients will receive a formal letter via email of the award granted.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Successfully complete three special education licensure courses within the MEd or MAT+ prior to applying
- Submit a completed scholarship application to EDUAdvising@neu.edu by December 1
- Write a 400-500 word essay addressing the following topic: "The School of Education at Northeastern is committed to providing quality educational opportunities to those who otherwise might not have them. Please describe how your work supports our mission and how your contributions are making an impact in the field."
Harriet Epstein Scholarship Application Instructions:
- Students must successfully complete three special education licensure courses within the MEd or MAT+ prior to applying
- Students must submit the completed Harriet Epstein scholarship application to EDUAdvising@neu.edu by December 1
- Applicants who are selected for an award will receive information regarding their award via email
Please be sure to include Harriet Epstein Scholarship Application in the subject line when emailing your application.