Science, Technology, & Engineering
At the Lowell Institute School, you can finish your bachelor’s degree without stopping everything else in your life.
You will be laying the foundation to launch or advance a successful career in high-demand, STEM-grounded fields such as biotechnology, analytics, information technology and healthcare.
If you have at least two years of college credit or an associate’s degree, we can help you complete one journey and prepare for the next.
Support for Every Step
- A dedicated academic adviser will provide insight and advice as you plan your academic program.
Flexible, Accessible and Industry-aligned STEM Education
Hear how our degree programs combine flexibility, cutting-edge knowledge and practical experience. Our programs are designed for learners with diverse backgrounds looking to make an impact in their chosen field.
Job growth in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math) is predicted to be double that of all other occupations, 2019-2029. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- On average, entry-level science and technology jobs that require a bachelor’s degree pay 26% more than similar positions in other industries. (Burning Glass Technologies)
- Bachelor’s degree holders earn 31 percent more than those with an associate’s degree and 84 percent more than those with just a high school diploma. (Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce)
A Shared Vision and Commitment
- Since 1898, Northeastern University has been educating its graduates for career and life success. Our degrees have always been industry-aligned.
- And the Lowell family, in founding the Lowell Institute School in 1903, committed to increasing knowledge and practical skills, opening new careers and building economic stability for families.
- Now, the Lowell Institute School at Northeastern University carries that vision forward, giving talented men and women a unique chance to complete their bachelor’s degrees in science and technology.
- The Lowell Institute School is part of Northeastern University College of Professional Studies with more than 50 years of experience aligning higher education with professional aspirations.
- We care about readying you for the new economy. Your education makes an even bigger difference when your degree holds the Northeastern University name.