To start the transfer credit process
- Start your application and be sure to indicate that you plan to transfer credits on your application. Please note, the transfer credit evaluation process will not begin until your application for admission is complete and we’ve received all your transfer credit documents.
- Request materials required for your application for admission AND your transfer credit evaluation:
- Academic transcripts from each institution you previously attended:
- Official U.S. transcripts: if you applied previously earned credits towards your earned associate degree, you must request transcripts from each institution you attended. It typically takes 2-4 weeks for us to receive transcripts from institutions
- Official foreign transcripts: foreign transcripts must include English translation. We encourage you to submit a course by course evaluation of your diploma(s) and transcript(s)
- Official college level examination scores
- Military evaluations
Military training and coursework may be transferred in for course credit. Provide all documentation of previous training and coursework with your application for admission consideration.
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
Students may be eligible for APL credit if they have accrued a foundation of knowledge and skills equivalent to the content of courses in the following areas:
- Liberal arts (ANT, ART, CMN, ECH, ENG, HST, MUS, PHL, POL, PSY, SOC, and TCC)
- Health professions and sciences (BIO, BTC, CHM, HMG, and HSC)
- Information technology (ITC)
Transfer credit awards are processed once you’ve been admitted and official transcripts have been received from each institution listed in your application. Transfer credit reviews can take up to 3 weeks after all materials have been submitted.
Upon admission to your program
Once you’ve been admitted to your program AND once we’ve received all your transfer credit documents from previously attended institutions:
- The transfer credit evaluation process will begin and takes up to 3 weeks to complete. Priority will be given to students based on admitted start term. Foreign transcripts may need to be evaluated externally, requiring an additional 3 weeks
- You may check the status of your transcripts by logging in to your application for admission
- To omit or add a transcript, please contact us at 877.668.7727
When your evaluation is complete
- We will send you a detailed course by course evaluation of your transfer credit via the email address provided on your application
- The evaluation will include an award letter, which is a detailed evaluation of your previously earned credits
- We will notify your academic advisor to begin an updated degree audit based on your evaluation