Bachelor’s Completion Transfer Policies

We accept transfer credit from several sources. Determine which types of transfer credit apply to you and learn how to start the transfer credit process.

  1. Northeastern University: previously earned credit from Northeastern University.
  2. Accredited Institutions: previously earned credit from regionally and programmatically accredited institutions.
  3. College Level Proficiency Examinations: exam scores treated as transfer credit. Scores do not affect a student’s grade point average and there is no fee for transferring College Level Proficiency Examination credits.
  4. Assessment of Prior Learning (APL): a formal APL portfolio review of a student’s work and life experience for conversion into academic credit.
  5. Military: as an active duty military or veteran, you can enroll in any of our degree programs or certificate programs. As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC), we are committed to serving you and will work to accept any previous credits you’ve earned.

We encourage you to take advantage of our generous transfer policies. Review our transfer credit policies below as you consider starting the transfer credit process.

Interested students should contact their academic advisor for more information.

*Active-duty Military Personnel: Active-duty service members are required to complete 25% of their program at the College of Professional Studies.

Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies (CPS) is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). It is up to the individual institution to determine whether credit from CPS will be accepted in fulfillment of specific program and/or degree requirements. Students should inquire with the specific institution to determine whether particular credits will be accepted as transfer credit.