- Email: [email protected]
Robert W. Kubacki, J.D., M.P.A. has been at part-time lecturer for CPS since 2011. He has taught business management courses including Introduction to Business, Business Strategy and Principles of Management. He has also taught part-time conflict resolution courses at Carnegie Melon University, Duquesne University and Emerson College. Robert’s extensive and varied professional experience includes various positions in the fields of law, pubic administration, mediation, human resources, and organizational development consulting in the nonprofit, public, and for-profit financial and high-tech sectors. He holds a J.D. and a Master's in Public Administration and a BA, Magna Cum Laude, in political science.
EducationJD from Western New England College (1976)
Organizational Development & Conflict Management
- Senior Consultant – Begler Consulting Group, Pittsburgh, PA
Collaborated with principal to deliver strategy planning, diversity training and conflict management consulting to non-profit, corporate and public organizations.
Human Resources Management:
- Manager of Organizational Effectiveness and Change – Managed Services, Marconi Communications, Inc., N.A. Warrendale, PA
- Director of Human Resources Innovation, Process Management Consultant and Employee Relations Representative - PNC Financial Services, Corporate Headquarters, Pittsburgh, PA
Designed, and implemented innovative human resource processes, revised policies; compiled and analyzed systems’ data, facilitated team meetings, and managed HR process improvement projects; counseled employees, middle and upper managers concerning policy compliance, investigated employee complaints regarding harassment, discrimination, ADA, FMLA and FLSA compliance, advised managers regarding employee issues, and coordinated and implemented work force restructuring plans for individuals and business segments
Public and Non-profit Career:
- Director of Dispute Resolution Services, The Pittsburgh Mediation Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Managed volunteer mediators providing community dispute resolution services including case intake, scheduling, training and reporting
- Assistant Director and General Counsel, The Merit Rating Board, Boston, Massachusetts
Managed all HRM functions including employee relations, job descriptions, labor relations, and compliance with state and federal mandates. Managed all financial functions including preparing budgets, quarterly and annual financial reports, and compliance with all state financial policies and procedures