Dr. Rajagopalan’ s research interests include leadership through project management, virtual teams, emotional intelligence, process improvement, and individual career development. Calling himself the Strategic Productivity Expert, he has researched and published both scholarly articles and practitioner columns. Experienced in teaching in India, United States, and Vietnam, and exposed to online, in-person, and blended models, Dr. Rajagopalan also mentors college students besides having started his own initiative of projecting leaders of tomorrow (PLOT) teaching project management to high school students. Dr. Rajagopalan also holds many professional certifications in project management methodologies (PgMP, PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP, CSP, CSPO, CSD, CSM, ACC, SCM, SCPO, SCD, SAMC, SCT, CSOXP, Six Sigma Black Belt, and IT Project+) and volunteers as a board member with PMI Mass Bay besides volunteering to support large events at Agile Alliance and student initiatives at NAAAP. He also spends time training project and agile principles to high school students through his PLOT initiative, and does his own training as part of Agile Training Champions training on certification preparation. With extensive software development and project management experience in many industries, he promotes the scholar-practitioner approach delivering IT, project management, and leadership.
EducationPhD from Capella University (2007)
- Expertise in establishing Strategic Program Management Office to deliver the client initiated projects and execute internal product and platform delivery.
- 15+ years of experience in delivering operational excellence from sales-to-execution lifecycle managing and interfacing with Project, Program, Product, and Account Managers
- Experience in assessing, recommending, and implementing strategic organizational changes for business development, product marketing, regulatory governance, and extending PMO in India
- Experience with Sales support providing commercial leadership to assess and provide solutions to clients enabling contract closure and delivery success
- Experience in acting as the voice of the customer(s) to the product owner architecting and delivering new and differentiated products to address industry needs
- Experience in individual, team, and corporate training initiatives in multiple institutions including specific corporate focused initiatives on knowledge mining through external and internal speakers.
- Exposure to financial, banking, healthcare, airline, educational, and professional services industries
- Experience as an Advisor, Trainer, Mentor, and Coach supporting process transformation and program rollouts for Sales, Account, and Project teams
- Experience in addressing total cost of ownership in recommending tool identification, selection, and adoption
- Experience in providing customized onsite training experience on project and agile principles at several organizations