See question one to determine your graduation ceremony or see your Academic Advisor.
Seven Steps to Graduation 2020
To determine your graduation ceremony date and degree conferral*, please use the appropriate link below to review the graduation deadlines in which students must complete all requirements
UNDERGRAD CERTIFICATE CANDIDATES – Please click here for information.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE CANDIDATES – Please click here for information.
ASSOCIATE AND BACHELOR'S DEGREE CANDIDATES, (May 8, 2020, ceremony), please click here for dates.
MASTER'S DEGREE CANDIDATES (May 8, 2020, or September 2, 2020, ceremony), please click here for dates.
DOCTORAL DEGREE CANDIDATES (May 7, 2020, ceremony), please click here for dates.
Only qualified graduates are eligible to attend a graduation ceremony.
Please see your Academic Advisor and see dates for the appropriate ceremony.
Begin the graduation process by reviewing your current program information (degree and major).
- Log in to myNortheastern
- Click on the red Self-Service tab on the top
- Click Student Self-Service
- Click Student Records
- Click View Student Information
- Choose your term
- Click submit
- Review your information about degree, major, and Expected Graduation Date (EGD); please click here
MASTER'S DEGREE CANDIDATES, pleases click here for dates.
DOCTORAL DEGREE CANDIDATES, please click here for dates.
Submitting the request to declare your EGD does not constitute applying to graduate.
Upon verifying the accuracy of your Student Information and confirming your EGD is correctly declared, the next step is to Apply to Graduate via myNortheastern.
How to Apply to Graduate:
- Under the Self-Service tab in your myNortheastern, you will find the Commencement box located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Choose the Apply to Graduate option and complete the questionnaire.
Only degree candidates who complete a Graduation Application will have their academic records audited to determine degree completion for conferral and graduation.
Only degree candidates who attend the graduation ceremony will receive regalia (cap and gown). If you do not apply to graduate by the above deadlines and plan on attending the graduation ceremony, you will be given appropriate regalia if available.
If you have received a Federal Stafford Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized) or Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans, complete the exit interviews below. Otherwise, proceed to Step 5.
Bachelor's Completion - https://studentloans.gov
Graduate - https://studentloans.gov
For more information, contact Student Financial Services at 617-373-5899.
If you plan on attending the graduation ceremony, academic regalia (cap -mortarboard, tassel, gown, and hood if applicable) are provided at no cost to you and may be kept as a memento of the occasion.
Regalia pickup days for the spring ceremony will take place on May 2, 2020, 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. and May 4, 2020, 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. at Matthews Arena, 238-262 St. Botolph Street, Boston, MA. Students unable to attend regalia pickup days will be able to retrieve their regalia the morning of the ceremony.
A photographer will be on-site to take your graduation portrait during this distribution period.
Regalia cannot be mailed.
Number of tickets per candidate
Tickets can be retrieved online through the Central Ticket Center in your myNEU account. Each candidate can claim two tickets for the ceremony. These tickets allow entrance into the guest seating area of Matthews Arena. Additional tickets may be available two days prior to the ceremony on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
Steps to retrieve guest tickets
- Login in to your myNEU Northeastern Portal
- Go to Services & Links and search for myTickets
- On the left hand column, click the category Graduation Events
- Choose: 2020 CPS Graduation Guest Tickets
- Choose the number of guest ticket(s) you need
- Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with your tickets attached. You may either print them or save them to your phone to be scanned digitally.
Providing all academic and financial obligations are met, graduates who apply by the deadline will receive their diplomas in the mail at the address provided on their graduation application, according to the following schedule. Additional time may apply for international mail.
ASSOCIATE AND BACHELOR'S DEGREE CANDIDATES, please click here for dates.
MASTER'S DEGREE CANDIDATES, please click here for dates.
DOCTORAL DEGREE CANDIDATES, please click here for dates.
Diplomas will NOT be distributed during the ceremony on May 8, 2020.
For those attending the Friday, May 8, 2020, it will be held at Matthews Arena on the Northeastern University campus at 10:00 a.m. Only qualified graduates are eligible to attend the graduation ceremony.
For doctoral students who would like more information regarding the May 8, 2020, ceremony, please see the Doctoral Hooding FAQ.
For students who would like more information regarding the September 2, 2020, ceremony, please see the Summer Graduation FAQ.
For questions about which ceremony to attend, please see question number 1.
Important Note for Graduates: Undergraduate and graduate degree candidates must report to Matthews Arena on Friday, May 8, 2020, and arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. to check in, get robed, and be lined up for the procession.
Important Note for Guests: Guests will only be admitted to the Graduation Ceremony with official guest tickets on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Guests will only be admitted to the Graduation ceremony with official guest tickets
- There is no re-entry if you depart Matthews Arena before or during the ceremony
- Facility/Safety Protocol
For safety reasons, the following items are prohibited (no exceptions) inside Matthews Arena for the ceremony:
- Baby Strollers
- Outside food/beverages
- Backpacks or bags larger than 12" x 12" x 12". Women's handbags of acceptable size may be allowed entry after search
- Laser pointers and similar items
- Firearms or other weapons
- Artificial noisemakers
Additional policies - No exceptions:
- No storage/check area is available for prohibited items
- Patrons may refuse to have their bag searched but WILL NOT be permitted entry with the bag
- Confiscated items will be discarded