Tutoring can benefit skilled professionals and beginning students alike. Whether you’re struggling with organic chemistry, working on a long paper, or putting the finishing touches on a presentation, NU offers many opportunities for you to enhance your academic work and professional skills through free one-on-one academic support on and off campus.
If after reviewing these options, you do not find one that meets your academic needs, please contact your instructor and your Career and Academic Coach to determine your best support options and next steps. If you have any questions about available support options, please email the Associate Director of Academic Integrity, Mr. Ori Fienberg.
45-minute appointments cover writing topics from start-to-finish such as research, organization, development, introductions, conclusions, multimedia projects, and formatting.
- Available to: All CPS students
- Locations: 412 Holmes Hall, 136 Snell Library and online
- Type of Tutor: Trained Undergraduate, MA, and PhD students
- Appointment Types: In-person and online
To learn more about the Northeastern Writing Center please click here.
50-minute appointments for English language instruction, including writing, conversation, pronunciation, reading, and TOEFL and career prep. Various formats of tutorials offered including in-person, online, one-on-one, and group appointments.
- Available to: All CPS international students
- Location: 88 Snell Library (basement) and online
- Type of Tutor: Primarily ESL professionals with advanced degrees
- Appointment Types: In-person, online, one-on-one, and groups
To learn more about the International Tutoring Center please click here.
CPS partners with Smarthinking to offer online tutoring, synchronous or asynchronous, in many different subjects such as writing, reading, basic math through multivariate calculus, business, biology, chemistry, and physics. Smarthinking is available year-round.
- Available to: All CPS students.
- Location: All online, synchronous and asynchronous
- Type of Tutor: 90 percent have a master’s or doctoral degree in their field
You can access Smarthinking directly by logging into Blackboard and scrolling down to the CPS Free Online Tutoring box under Tools (on the left), and clicking the button “Launch Smarthinking” (see attached). Make sure that you have any pop-up or ad-blockers disabled, otherwise you will be unable to access the service.