Graduate Transfer Credit

Can I Transfer in Previously Earned Graduate Credit? 

Graduate transfer credit is granted on a case-by-case basis and will be evaluated after acceptance to a graduate level program. To request a graduate transfer credit evaluation you must:

We award graduate transfer credits for courses taken at regionally and specially accredited institutions. Official transcripts, syllabi, and course descriptions will need to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions at the time of application submission. All graduate transfer credit petitions (domestic and international) are made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the graduate Dean of Academic and Faculty Affairs, and/or designee.

Graduate Transfer Credit Policies

Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies (CPS) is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). It is up to the individual institution to determine whether credit from CPS will be accepted in fulfillment of specific program and/or degree requirements. Students should inquire with the specific institution to determine whether particular credits will be accepted as transfer credit.