I have extensive experience in multiple industries including financial services, consulting, and supply chain. In late September, 2017, I joined Pearson Education as the Director of Data Solutions and Business Engagement. Most recently, I ran a PMO organization at Santander Bank, where I managed a multi-million dollar book of work across multiple projects in the data and digital space. I focused on driving mission-critical, high-impact global projects, programs, processes, and systems. I posses strong relationship building, negotiation, and communication skills and thrive on new challenges, multitasking, problem solving and difficult deadlines. My project delivery and team building background provides essential support and coordination to the Pearson Education Data Solutions and Architecture team enabling the team to deliver self-sufficient data-driven solutions for the entire business.
EducationMaster's_Degree from Bentley University (1999)
Pearson, Boston, MA September 2017 – Present
Director, Data Solutions and Business Engagement
Responsible for working with the Enterprise Architecture, Integration and Data teams contributing leadership to Pearson’s data transformation. Accountable for ensuring that the business solutions are directly aligned with IT solutions and enhancements of processes are mirrored by technology to create process improvements and increase revenue/business value. Drive change with team members habits and behaviors for IT’s business engagement strategy and efficiency/effectiveness of data solutions envisioned and delivered.
- Interact with business stakeholders to understand business strategy, scenarios, gaps, issues and needs to create relevant data strategies and data solutions that lead to business outcomes
- Driving programs/projects in a matrixed org structure environment with multiple delivery methodologies and stakeholders
- Create a Roadmap to drive the future state of our data solutions across our master data management, data quality, data governance and analytics projects
- Create, communicate and lead the adoption of data solutions, data governance, business process and business engagement best practices across the enterprise. Influence peers to adopt on programs and projects to achieve efficiencies
- Establish a business engagement strategy to partner with the business stakeholders and SMEs to ensure the design and development of data solutions that exactly meet our business stakeholders expectations.
- Collaborate with the data governance groups across Pearson to synergize the data solution designs/deployments with the data governance processes.
- Oversee the activities and professional growth of 12 Solution leads, Business and data quality analysts
Santander, Boston, MA June 2015 – September 2017
SVP, Program Management Director November 2016-September 2017
Lead team of 9 Business Analysts and Project managers responsible for delivery of over $22M in strategic projects supporting Marketing, Product and Digital programs.
- Mentor and assist business analysts and project managers to ensure client satisfaction and delivery of initiatives to agree upon scope, schedule, budget and applicable metrics
- Interface with senior executives on portfolio status, negotiate trade offs as needed to achieve desired results in a resource constrained environment
- Driving programs/projects in the multiple dependent org structure environment with multiple delivery methodologies and stakeholders
SVP, Business Control Officer May 2016– November 2016
Support eight business lines by maintaining a vertical and horizontal view of risk taking. Drive risk culture throughout the organization. Ensure assistance in creating and delivering committed project plans, including regulatory change programs and projects. Support the execution of testing and risk assessment activities (e.g. RCSA, MRP, New product assessments, loss data capture) within the business.
- Serving as project manager of a cross functional team implementing the Military Lending Act program
- Managing 8 direct reports responsible for day to day oversight of the first line of risk support for Product, Cards, Digital, Marketing and Customer Experience teams
- Participating in 12-15 regulatory responses as well as managing and overseeing 2-3 regulatory exams per year
- Act as the business unit's liaison with retail risk and compliance to develop & implement new policy requests/revisions, to complete all LOB related risk assessments, risk mandates, continuity plans, and resolution plans
- Promoted from internal role of SVP, Senior Risk Officer, Retail Product & Segments from April 2015-May 2016
Bank of America, Boston, MA June 2010 – March 2015
SVP, Business Control Manager for Control Environment & Standards August 2012- March 2015
Manage a comprehensive program, with six direct reports and 20 additional matrixed employees and consultants, accountable for the regulatory compliance of the Legacy Asset Servicing Quality Control Organization, including but not limited to oversight of data query development, ongoing enhancements and monthly data provisioning reports within the Loss Mitigation space.
- Managed cross functional project teams including both business and IT groups responsible for implementation of multiple federal regulations, required to avoid government fines
- Drove synergy and collaboration between Business groups, Data Development & Testing teams to improve existing control test scripts to get higher data and test yield reducing delivery time by two percent.
VP, Program Manager for Control Environment & Standards June 2011-August 2012
Directed iterative program management cycles for a regulatory element tracking system resulting in an integrated business strategy that aligned technology with business strategy and goals. Responsible for program management to produce a rapid development project to meet a federal regulatory mandate in less than 60 days, resulting in being recognized as one of 5 innovative leaders on a Patented product. Role included managing joint application development sessions, prioritization of requirements, ongoing enhancements, and customer interaction as well as multiple consultants.
VP, Program Manager for Enterprise Information Management, Data Quality June 2010-June 2011
Administered Agile program management cycles for an enterprise Data Quality Product team. Managed prioritization of enhancements, focus groups and customer interaction. Accountable for all facets of the Agile program including but not limited to, resource leveling, story development and financial forecasting, as well as the program’s Six Sigma DMAIC process.
Axis Technology LLC, Boston, MA Sept 2008- June 2010
Principal Consultant, Large Banking Institution – Merger Activity April 2009 -June 2010
Managed large multi-disciplinary teams totaling 50+ members for data and BI programs representing $10 Million in combined capital and operations budget. Responsible for program management required to merge the Business Intelligence Center of Excellence, implementing data quality, metadata and ETL corporate standards across both entities.
Principal Consultant, Large Financial Investment Management Firm Sept 2008-March 2009
Managed team of 10 responsible for creation of business requirements, data analysis, technical architecture & implementation of an advised client list including implementation into existing Oracle CRM system, increasing quality by 59%.
First Marblehead Corporation, Boston, MA Jan 2003 – May 2008
Vice President, Client Services Implémentation (2007-2008)
Led team that managed technical, operations and project processes for all IT-to-business communication; coordinated operational impacts of infrastructure and application changes. Managed program responsible for implementation of workflow and processing system which increased operational efficiency by 40%. Implemented new web interface including bringing together, testing and rollout into 4 call centers across the country.
Vice President, Forecasting, Planning & Analysis (2005-2007)
Lead team that re-engineered the Customer life cycle, reducing turn time of application by 20%, ultimately increasing customer satisfaction by 5%. Instituted a corporate SOX- compliant report request process.
Vice President, Project Management (2004-2005)
Created PMO office responsible for implementing a Software Development Lifecycle process, improving on time project delivery by 35%. Designed PMO process, rated and worked through a project backlog of 150+ projectspresented results to Senior Leadership Team.
Director – Business Analysis and Quality Assurance (2003-2004)
Established a Quality Assurance Department totaling 35, department budget exceeding $1M spanning 18-25 concurrent projects
CASE CONSULTING PARTNERS, INC. Boston, MA - Founding Partner Jan 2002 – June2004
SHELFLINK Cambridge, MA Senior Data Integration Analyst Jan 2001-Jan 2002
NELLIE MAE, Braintree, MA –Multiple roles consistently promoted over a 12 year period Dec 1989- Jan 2001