Natascha, known as Tascha, is a certified career coach for scholars and young professionals. She is a strategic thinker who enjoys working through complex career problems while customizing her coaching to help students write a vision, map goals, establish their brand, and create their personal advisory boards.
As a proud First GEN graduate, Tascha began her career in fashion and then financial services. After a few years, Tascha was encouraged to transition into human resources and education where she found her calling.
Following business school, she started The Youth Career Coach Inc. helping First-GEN students navigate their careers. Additionally, she is the creator of the ‘Coaching Start-Up Kit’ and the branding formula, M.I.C.R.O© which both have been used by coaches and educators across the United States to help improve career outcomes for low-resourced students.
Tascha has spoken for K-12 schools, colleges, Blue Cross, PwC, KPMG, YearUp, TRIO, Target, City Club, NAACP, Urban League, Harvard, and many, many more. She has coached c-suite executives, designed curriculum, managed large grants, and crafted hiring policies.
Tascha is Chapter 5 Author in the book, Obama & Black Loyalty focused on Youth Unemployment. She has contributed to media outlets such as the New York Times, InsideJobs, METRO, Washington Informer, Scholastic, and SheKnows.
Former Goodwill Ambassador to Gambia, West Africa, and Miss Black Rhode Island USA, the Women’s Empowerment Convention HESA at Harvard named her a Woman of the Year, and Northeastern nominated her for Teaching Excellence.
Tapping into her educational background, she is certified in Career Coaching by PARW/CC. She earned a Senate Citation from the Institute for Labor Studies (RI-LFAF), Certificate of Appreciation from the DIA: Federal Women, is a graduate of the FBI Citizens Academy, an executive education alumna of the Harvard Kennedy School in Leading Change, and MIT Sloan in Entrepreneurship, trained in HMP Mediation from Harvard, an MBA graduate of Johnson & Wales, BA holder from UMASS Amherst, and a master’s degree holder and current doctoral candidate at Northeastern University.
Expertise: Career Coaching, Mentoring, Academic Advising, Curriculum, Human Capital, Leadership, Public Speaking, Training and Development, First GEN
Her motto is, “Start Where You Are. Use What You Have. Do What You Can” by Arthur Ashe
NataschaSaunders.com | TheYouthCareerCoach.com
EducationEdD from Northeastern University (2021)
- Senior Fellow, American Leadership & Policy Foundation, Current
- Founder, The Youth Career Coach Inc., Current
- Associate Director, Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, Current
- Veteran Career Coach, Brown University, Current
- Director of Teen Services, YWCA Malden
- Human Resources Manager, The Clarendon Group, Inc.
- Assistant Human Resources Manager, Macy's (formerly Filene's)
- Career Development Summer Instructor, Howard University
- MBA Admissions Committee, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Interim Manager of Student Affairs, George Washington University
- Assistant Director of Career Services, Boston University, Questrom School of Business
- Co-op & Employment Specialist, Johnson & Wales University
- Financial Brokerage Associate, A.G. Edwards & Sons (now Wells Fargo)
- Client Reporting Specialist, State Street Research & Management, (now BlackRock)
Affiliations (past & present):
- Community Board Member, Dimock Community Health Center
- Board Member, YWCA - Greater Rhode Island
- Education & Labor Committee, NAACP Boston
- Volunteer, Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts