Northeastern University College of Professional Studies faculty member, Jane Edmonds, was named a 2012 honoree in UnityFirst Women’s Tribute Issue: Michelle Obama, Venus Williams, 2012 honorees and more for her visionary leadership. Edmonds teaches graduate-level leadership courses, in the Master of Science in Leadership program. The degree program develops and bolsters leadership competencies, explores key leadership areas such as management, ethics, strategic thinking, and organizational culture and prepares students for the challenges and opportunities associated with leading in a global world.
UnityFirst.com is one of the nation’s leading online sources for diversity-related news for corporations and consumers, reaching cross-cultural communities, diverse consumers and multicultural media.
The March issue of UnityFirst.com’s e-magazine recognizes women who lead by example and includes a cover tribute to First Lady Michelle Obama and the 2012 Visionary Women of Excellence:
- Kimberly Williams, interim diversity director, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, Baystate Health
- Waleska Lugo-DeJesus, executive assistant to the president and director of Multicultural Affairs at Westfield State University
- Kimberly Lee, vice president of advancement, Square One
- Mary McLaughlin, senior vice president, Comcast’s Western New England Region
- Jane Edmonds, senior teaching fellow, Northeastern University College of Professional Studies
- Dr. Shirley Whitaker, MD, practices private nephrology and internal medicine in Springfield, Massachusetts
- Polly Tatum, president, Worcester County Bar Association
- Hugette Williams, adjunct professor in criminal justice at Springfield Technical Community College
- Linda Heywood, professor of African History and the History of the African Diaspora at Boston University
- Rose Ann Gaskin Rice, Bachelor of Science in Nursing candidate
- Ramona Reno Rivera, manager, Hampden County Re-entry Program