Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
3-D animation is not only a major component in the film and broadcast industries, it is also a crucial element in online entertainment and a driving force for the gaming industry. Companies use animation in advertisements, web sites, and training programs. The growing use of gaming technologies in education and industry (often referred to as serious games) has given rise to a need for skilled animators who can work closely with business and academic institutions.
Coursework will develop students’ powers of visualization as well as provide a conceptual basis for visual narrative. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be skilled in the use of industry-standard animation applications, understand visual principles of lighting, modeling, and surfacing, and be conversant with motion and special effects compositing. The courses in this program also serve as a concentration in the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media.
- Practice-oriented approach
- Graduates are positioned for jobs in diverse fields such as film, online entertainment, business and academic institutions, and the gaming industry
- Courses from this certificate may be applied toward the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete one from the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500-1000 words): identifying your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to applicant's statement of purpose
- Professional resumé: Current resumé that displays job responsibilities, relevant experience, and education history
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Proof of English language proficiency: ONLY for students for whom English is not their primary language
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Digital Media & Design alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
What They Do
- Art and Design
- Information Technology
- Media and Communication
What They're Skilled At
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media
- Digital Media
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.