Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
In today's multifaceted organizations, human resource professionals must respond to the growing challenges of regulatory compliance, complex benefit plans, and training and motivating employees. This innovative online program is designed to give students a full introduction to the principles, strategies, and techniques of human resources management. The program will foster a deep understanding of organizational development and effective change management; workforce planning and strategic recruitment; and training and performance management.
Major topics include organizational and human resources development; recruiting, training, and performance management; compensation; and the rights and obligations of employees and employers. The online Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management culminates with a final course in effective change management—an important skill in today’s dynamic and demanding employment environment.
- Offers special focus for participants in effective change management
- Courses taught by experienced human resources professionals
- Credits earned completing this certificate can be applied toward the MS in Organizational Leadership, MS in Corporate and Organizational Communication, and MS in Human Resources Management
Unique Transfer Credit Opportunities
About the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Opportunities:
Why consider a graduate degree from Northeastern University? We recognize the knowledge and HR competencies demonstrated by those who have earned their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification through the Society of Human Resource Management. As a result, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credential-holders have the unique opportunity to accelerate through a Northeastern University graduate certificate program by applying this credential in exchange for transfer credit.
Successful applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management:
- Will receive 3 quarter hours of transfer credit–a 17% savings in tuition–for HRM 6015 Introduction to Human Resources Management.
Contact us today for more information by completing the form on our page.
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete four of the following. Students waived out of HRM 6015, complete five of the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- English language proficiency proof: students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Management alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- State Street
- Fidelity Investments
- Dell EMC
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
What They Do
- Business Development
What They're Skilled At
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.