Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
The Graduate Certificate in Quality Assurance Compliance prepares you to navigate the compliance aspects of industry-specific regulatory standards throughout their product lifecycle.
In this program, students will have the opportunity to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the general standards utilized by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other global regulatory agencies to evaluate the safety and efficacy of existing and new biomedical products utilized by healthcare practitioners in the U.S. market
- Demonstrate proficiency in the application of compliance-associated regulations and standards for global biomedical products throughout their life cycle
- Differentiate between the distinct stages of the global biomedical product commercialization process from regulatory and standards-based compliance perspectives
- Detail the fundamental regulatory compliance and standards-based processes under which biomedical products must be manufactured in order to maintain the level of safety and efficacy upon which they were approved for marketing by FDA and other global regulatory agencies
- Online format provides flexibility for working professionals
- Choose from elective courses that cover a broad range of practical and relevant issues in the field
- The BTC 4450 Quality Control and Validation Issues course was developed in collaboration with quality assurance professionals from Vertex Pharmaceuticals and other external pharmaceutical industry partners
- Courses from this certificate can be applied toward the Master of Science in Regulatory Affairs
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete one of the following:
Complete the following courses:
Choose from the following to reach 16 quarter hours:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): Identify your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that Northeastern University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English language proficiency proof. Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Regulatory Affairs alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
What They Do
- Quality Assurance
- Healthcare Services
What They're Skilled At
- Regulatory Affairs
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Clinical Trials
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.