Thursday, March 18, 2021, 4:00pm - 5:15pm ET
Professor Xiaoxiao Li, Professor, University of Central Oklahoma.
Torokul Doorov, the Kazakh Service Director of the Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.
Baktybek Beshimov, Professor of the Practice, Northeastern University.
Fiona Creed (Moderator), Faculty Lead, Global Studies and International Relations. Northeastern University.
The Xinjiang Case In The U.S.- China Relations
This online forum will address several common questions, such as:
- What role does Xinjiang play in current U.S.-China relations?
- Who are the Uighurs, and why is the US accusing China of genocide?
- How can we understand the policy of China toward Xinjiang in a historical context?
- Why has Xinjiang become a hot topic in today’s international relations?
- What are China’s policies towards other ethnic minorities in Xinjiang?
- What should we expect from the new American administration toward this issue?
Our panel of speakers with in-depth knowledge of China and the U.S. policies on these issues will address these questions and more.