Tess is an Adjunct Faculty Lecturer in the Master of Science in Project Management program since 2013. Mr. Tess is also a graduate of the Northeastern University College of Professional Studies Project Management Masters of Science program.
Tess has more than 26 years of Project and Program Management experience in both the Construction and Environmental Remediation industries leading teams in projects both domestically in the US as well as in Kuwait, Japan and Djibouti. Previously he has applied his expertise to larger, complex, design-build projects up to $315M in value. Recently though has has turned his efforts to working with a small disadvantaged (Alaskan Native Owned) business in developing a construction program supporting US Dept. of Defense clients in the State of Hawaii.
EducationMaster of Science from Northeastern University (2012)
CCI Construction Services – Honolulu, HI
Program Manager (April 2017- present)
Responsible for leadership and management of a team of 3 project managers, 3 superintendents, 3 safety and health officers and 4 quality control managers in execution of a variety of projects for the US DoD throughout Hawaii and the Pacific Region. Also, responsible for portfolio management including preparation of bid proposals/estimates and development of client relationships to expand the Hawaii Office’s body of work.
Current Hawaii Program consists of 17 projects worth approximately $30M
Watts Constructors – Honolulu, HI
Project Director – Honolulu Airport Consolidated Car Rental Facility (August 2016-April 2017)
Responsible for leadership and management of a team of project managers, superintendents, engineers, quality control and safety staff supported by approximately 100 direct hire union tradespeople and 40 subcontractors to execute a $315M project to construct a 1.7M square foot consolidated rental car facility at Honolulu International Airport. The facility consists of a 5 story post-tensioned concrete structure including a multilevel QTA equipped with fuel stations, car washes and service bays, ready-return areas for 5 rental agencies, and customer service areas.
Consigli Construction – Milford, MA
Pre-Construction Manager (October 2014-August 2016)
Responsible for preconstruction planning of projects from conceptual design through GMP agreement and buyout including:
- Harvard Univ. Smith Campus Center Façade Restoration & Renovation, Cambridge, MA, $122M GMP
- Harvard Univ. Lavietes Basketball Pavilion Renovation & Addition, Allston, MA $15.2M GMP
- Simultaneously with the above, supported 3 other projects in preconstruction including a university laboratory expansion; state college dormitory construction; and, commercial hotel construction.
ECC – Marlborough, MA
Senior Project Manager (June 2004-October 2014)
Responsible for leadership and management of projects ranging from $100,000 to $45M located in the Northeast US, Japan, Kuwait and Djibouti. At times managed up to 9 concurrent projects on 3 continents. Frequently received excellent and outstanding project evaluations from DoD clients.
- Led a team that achieved “exceptional” ratings on a $45.5M Design-Build renovation of a 161,410 ft2 industrial/office space for US Navy. Concurrently supported a 2nd $35.5M project at the same facility.
- In 11 months designed and built a complete military air base, the first Japanese military facility outside of Japan since World War II, for the Japan Self Defense Force in the Republic of Djibouti
- Achieved “above average” CCASS rating for upgrade of HVAC systems at Misawa Air Base Hospital.
- Led the startup of a complete program of construction projects in Kuwait. Booked $20M of projects in the first 4 months for what became a $90M program.