Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
In the last 10-20 years, construction in both the public and private sectors has become increasingly complex, requiring dynamic and strongly skilled construction and project managers for effective project results. Along with offering a broad introduction to the principles of construction management, this graduate program also explores alternative delivery methods and controls for construction projects; safety, project risk, and quality management; team leadership; and negotiation skills and techniques. The Construction Management Graduate Certificate is intended to serve owners' representatives, consulting engineers, architects, design engineers, contractors, and subcontractors. Individuals who have a Bachelor of Science, but not necessarily in construction, and who have been identified by their companies as having high potential for advancement are also good candidates for the program.
- Courses from this certificate may be applied toward the Master of Science in Project Management
- Designed to increase the skills and knowledge of a wide range of construction professionals
- Open to students with strong professional background and Bachelor of Science in fields other than construction hoping to advance their careers
- Online format designed for working professionals
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Management alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- State Street
- Fidelity Investments
- Dell EMC
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
What They Do
- Business Development
What They're Skilled At
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.