Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
Northeastern University’s Graduate Certificate in Insurance Analytics and Management program addresses the mounting need for analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence in the insurance industry. This global industry is one of the world’s most essential and prosperous sectors—and is currently undergoing dramatic changes requiring even more sophisticated analytics and insights.
Our program was developed with guidance and input from active insurance professionals, focusing on the skills and competencies companies are looking for right now. This unique, modern approach bridges the gap between artificial intelligence, analytics, machine learning, and human clients. By mastering cutting-edge applications, humanics, data, and tech, students have a path into this global industry and have the tools and insights to thrive.
- Developed in close collaboration with insurance industry experts to address the current needs of the rapidly changing insurance industry.
- A modern, forward-thinking approach with a curriculum that focuses on applied artificial intelligence, analytics, machine learning, project management, change management, digital transformation, and leadership.
- Designed to help you enter and thrive in a current insurance industry as a forward thinker who can merge applications, humanics, data, and tech with a human touch.
- Receive real-world, experience-driven training with industry professionals who helped design our program.
- This certificate program addresses the mounting need for talent in the insurance industry with focus on disruptive trends and the inherent challenges this industry sector faces.
- These challenges are addressed by developing forward-thinking digital leadership behaviors, incorporating analytics and AI to deliver personalized and flexible customer experiences, and responding to complex, shifting global regulatory environments.
- Investigate and identify opportunities to address insurance questions and/or challenges in the evolving digital agenda of the insurance industry.
- Articulate and defend the significance and implications of the intersections of Application Orientation, Domain Knowledge, Digital Leadership & Human-Centered Design, Decision Support, and Digital Transformation across the insurance enterprise.
- Integrate the principles, tools, and methods of Digital Transformation and Human-Centered Design to solve organizational problems by making informed decisions related to the design and deployment of systems in human environments and workflows within the organization.
- Develop a formally proposed solution, and/or application, real or hypothetical, to address an insurance related question and/or challenge.
- Apply data management and strategic analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, effective visualization/communication, and digital leadership skills to the application or deployment of technologies and products in a real-world scenario.
- Changes in the industry have created a high demand for data-savvy professionals entering the industry.
- The need for forward-thinking professionals is felt in companies of every size—professionals who can incorporate analytics and artificial intelligence to deliver personalized and flexible customer experience is crucial to the future of the insurance industry.
- The breadth of opportunities and companies looking to hire insurance professionals is creating new pathways into this global, essential industry and the ability to advance your career quickly.
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete two of the following:
Program Credit/GPA Requirements
18 total quarter hours required.
Minimum 3.000 GPA required.
The changing risk landscape requires a workforce experienced with the adoption of advanced technologies and with the social and emotional skills to bridge the gap between AI and machine learning and the human client. These challenges and market needs provide the contextual approach for this flexible master's degree program in insurance analytics and management that is experiential in nature and focused on skills and competencies that are in high demand by the insurance industry and talent acquisition.Uwe Hohgrawe, PhD Faculty Director, Analytics and Enterprise Intelligence, College of Professional Studies
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): Identify your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that Northeastern University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English language proficiency proof. Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2023-2024 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
For students interested in pursuing financial assistance or educational loans, additional educational costs, known as Cost of Attendance (COA) components, can be included in the calculation of aid and loan eligibility. Components may include food, housing, books, course materials, supplies, equipment, transportation, personal expenses, and the cost of obtaining a first professional licensure. You can find comprehensive details on Student Financial Services website. Please keep in mind that COA can vary significantly depending on academic program, enrollment intensity, and individual circumstances.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.