Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
At the heart of every project is requirements analysis. It's a critical skill set, leveraged across the spectrum of project work. This program provides practicing project managers with a solid framework and understanding of the process of developing requirements. It also emphasizes the need to engage stakeholders throughout the process to ensure outcomes meet the desired needs of the organization.
This graduate certificate allows you to possess an in-demand skill set. It gives you a better opportunity at finding entry-level positions as a PMO analyst or entry-level business analyst. And it prepares you with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to create and manage requirements to meet stakeholder needs effectively.
In this program, you will:
- Develop a strong framework and understanding of the role of business analyst
- Understand and analyze the voice of the customer and explore potential solutions for their needs
- Apply tools and techniques to elicit requirements (business requirements, stakeholder requirements)
- Translate the needs of the business into clear, concise, quality requirements (solution requirements, functional and nonfunctional requirements)
- Apply analytical skills in the business analysis process
- Develop a personal leadership strategy for success as a business analyst
- Focuses on a specific, but widespread, field that exists within a variety of industries
- Taught by Northeastern faculty experts who have extensive and proven experience in program and portfolio management
- Courses focus on providing critical skills for successfully creating and managing requirements that meet business and stakeholder needs
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
PJM 5900 is for students with less than three years of experience directing or leading project tasks and is recommended for students who do not have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Project software. Students who do not complete PJM5900 take project management electives to satisfy required program credits.
Students waived from PJM 5900 will need to complete a total of two PJM electives.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words)
- Professional resumé
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL Score of 79, including a 20 or more on the writing section)
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Leadership alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Boston Public Schools
- State Street
- United States Air Force
- Massachusetts General Hospital
What They Do
- Business Development
- Community and Social Services
- Human Resources
What They're Skilled At
- Public Speaking
- Strategic Planning
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.