Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
Remote sensing is the measurement of information by a recording device that is not in physical contact with the object being measured. In practice, remote sensing is the utilization at a distance (as from aircraft, space shuttle, spacecraft, satellite, or ship) of any device for gathering information about the environment. The term "remote sensing" is most often applied to terrestrial and weather observations, but can be applied to planetary environments and astronomy. Remote sensing is applicable to many other situations including: land-use change, pollution tracking, land-use and planning, transportation systems, and military observation. The Graduate Certificate in Remote Sensing aims to make education and training in remote sensing available to adult and professional students. A student earning a remote sensing certificate will be well versed in remote sensing theory, will have hands-on exposure to remote sensing software and hardware, and will learn how to extract pertinent data from remotely sensed datasets.
- Gain specialized knowledge in remote sensing to advance or change your career
- Boost your earnings: graduate certificate holders receive an average 25-percent higher salary, according to the Washington Post
- Explore your area of interest and leverage your graduate certificate as a gateway to a master’s degree
- Efficient and comprehensive six-course path to certificate
- Gain hands-on exposure to remote sensing hardware and software
- Online program provides flexibility and interactive experience for working professionals
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Remote Sensing Electives
Complete four of the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Engineering alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- GE Aviation
- CDM Smith
- Bose Corporation
What They Do
- Business Development
- Program and Project Management
What They're Skilled At
- Project Management
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.