As a graduate applicant you may be eligible to take up to two graduate-level courses toward your program while completing the formal application process.
To qualify for special student status you must:
- Complete your online application for a master’s degree or graduate certificate
- Submit proof of bachelor’s degree completion through one of the following:
- Copy of bachelor’s degree diploma
- Copy of bachelor’s degree transcript
- Official bachelor’s degree transcript
- Attestation Form
How do I know if I qualify?
Once you have met the qualifications for special student status, you will receive an email notification from our admissions team outlining next steps.
International students do not qualify for special student status unless they have a specific visa status or they are an online applicant for eligible programs.
- Students taking courses under special student status are not eligible for financial aid
- Special student status does not guarantee acceptance
- Students studying in special student status must abide by the prerequisite course requirements listed in the course catalog
- You may take a maximum of 16 QH in special student status. After completing 16 QH, you will be blocked from further course registration until you have been officially accepted into a program
- The following programs do not qualify for special student status:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Education, Special Education Concentration
- Master of Science in Applied Nutrition
- Doctor of Education
- Doctorate in Law & Policy