Professor of Business Strategy and Associate Dean of Research
Francesca Grippa is a Professor of Business Strategy and Associate Dean of Research at Northeastern University, College of Professional Studies, where she also leads the EDA University Center "Inclusive Entrepreneurship Lab". Dr Grippa is a Research Affiliate at MIT Media Lab in the Human Dynamics group and has a long-standing collaboration with research scientists at the MIT Center for Collective Intelligence. Dr Grippa's scientific papers on collaborative innovation networks appeared on several journals, such as the Journal of Business Research; Scientific Reports; Knowledge Management Research & Practice; Journal of Knowledge Management and Social Networks. She has authored books on the Digital Transformation of Collaboration, Collaborative Innovation Network and recently the Handbook of Social Computing.
EducationPhD from University of Salento (2007)
Dr. Grippa has collaborated with several organizations to improve their internal communication through organizational network analysis. Such organizations include Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, and Leonardo S.p.A. (formerly Finmeccanica, an aerospace and defense company) in Rome, Italy.
- Forecasting managerial turnover through e-mail based social network analysis
- The impact of virtual mirroring on customer satisfaction
- Combining different components of intellectual capital within clinical teams
- Nurturing communities of innovation. Evidence from the aerospace industry
- Google Scholar Citations
- Linguistic sleuthing for innovators