Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
Northeastern is proud to be one of the first U.S. institutions to offer an eSports graduate certificate. This gives you a competitive advantage if your goal is to break into the booming eSports industry.
Electronic sports (eSports) are online video gaming events and tournaments where professional and amateur players compete against one another for profit. Our Graduate Certificate in eSports focuses on the industry’s history and explores its future growth opportunities. You’ll explore the many factors that have influenced the industry's growth—examining the business model and revenue streams of eSports properties.
You'll dive into the trends and explore the investments made by professional sports leagues and organizations entering this digital space to expand their global portfolios.
By the end of the program, you'll be prepared to succeed in careers focused on the technology and social media platforms leveraged in the evolving eSports enterprise.
- One of the first eSports graduate certificate programs in the U.S.
- Learn full time or part time, either 100% online or on campus in Boston
- The certificate credits you earn can be put toward completing your Master of Sports Leadership degree
- Join the Northeastern eSports community, neueSports.com
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
LDR 6480 The Business of eSports 3 c.h.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): Identify your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that Northeastern University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English language proficiency proof. Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.