In addition to a role as a Project Management instructor, I work as a project manager for a global software development and services corporation, based in the Washington D.C. / Baltimore, MD metropolitan area. My prior experience included a variety of project management roles for a "Big 4" management and technology consulting firm.
During my career, I have supported projects covering all phases of the systems development life cycle, from requirements definition and business process design through system implementation and post-deployment support. I have led projects with team sizes as small as four, and programs covering multiple concurrent contracts with geographically dispersed teams totaling 50 professionals. The business disciplines with which I have the most experience are financial and performance management systems, logistics, human resource management, and program management office support.
My educational background includes an MBA from the University of Maryland, a Master's in Music Performance from Catholic University, and a Bachelors degree in Music Performance from James Madison University. I am a certified Project Management Professional. I also volunteer as a member of the Annapolis (Maryland) Opera Company Board of Trustees.
EducationMBA from University of Maryland - College Park (1987)
- 30 years of progressive experience delivering solutions to satisfied customers involving full life cycle information technology implementations, strategy and operational planning, and business process management
- Versed in business capability areas including financial management, human resource management, logistics, and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on-time and on-schedule, with customers offering personal commendations and corporate references
- Led winning business development initiatives, from concept definition through customer presentation, proposal development and contract execution
- Skilled at group facilitation and collaborative problem solving
- Served in leadership capacity in a volunteer capacity on a non-profit corporation Board of Trustees