Take a quick look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
As leveraging data has become increasingly important across the professional world, demand for experts in analytics has surged. The Bachelor of Science in Analytics program positions you for success in a rapidly expanding field, teaching you to work with and manage data, to use in-demand data-science programming languages, and to draw meaning from diverse information, communicating the stories data tell to help influence strategic decisions. With related training in reasoning and argumentation, you’ll be prepared to advance in a broad range of careers, including marketing, finance, management and healthcare. Our courses are offered 100% online, on-campus in Boston, or through a hybrid approach—so you can complete your degree without putting your life on hold. With extensive experiential learning opportunities, instruction from a world-class faculty that includes practicing industry experts, and access to Northeastern’s extensive employer network, you’ll be ready to join the next generation of knowledgeable, experienced analytics professionals.
This is an online program.
- You can participate in real-world, hands-on learning projects to ensure you get experience that puts you in demand with employers.
- You’ll learn from faculty experts who have extensive real-world experience and will ensure you get practical skills that will help you advance your career.
For International Students
- Please refer to the application deadlines page for available intake terms.
Check out your career prospects
Beginning your journey with us is a big decision. But it's a smart one. Your field is evolving rapidly. That's why we're constantly innovating our programs to anticipate your industry's needs. So, no matter where your field goes, you can lead the way.
Experiential / Co-op opportunities
Northeastern's signature experience-powered learning model has been at the heart of the university for more than a century. It combines world-class academics with professional practice, allowing you to acquire relevant, real-world skills you can immediately put into action in your current workplace.
This makes a Northeastern education a dynamic, transformative experience, giving you countless opportunities to grow as a professional and person.
Get Set with a Custom Course Plan
All undergraduate students are required to complete the University-Wide Requirements.
All undergraduate students are required to complete the NUpath Requirements.
Foundation Courses (57 s.h.)
Complete one of the following:
Computer Engineering Technology
Major Required Courses (27 s.h.)
Professional Electives (12 s.h.)
Complete 12 semester hours in the following subject areas below:
MGT, MKT, FIN, PJM, HMG, CET, LDR, BTC
Capstone (3 s.h.)
Electives (21 s.h.)
Complete a minimum of 21 semester hours to reach 120 semester hours. Courses in the major may not double count for electives.
Suggested Elective Courses:
Follow our leaders
"Employers look for analysts that make sense of data, and provide actionable, data driven solutions. This applied analytics program will help develop your capabilities, including statistics, database management, and reasoning, and has the potential to prepare you for the in demand analyst jobs." - Uwe Hohgrawe, PhD; Faculty Lead, Professor of the Practice, and Faculty Director of the Analytics & Enterprise Intelligence Domain
Northeastern College of Professional Studies has made it possible for me to complete my bachelor’s degree while I continue to work full time. The flexibility of the program with online and in-person options, has made the experience not only engaging, but manageable. The professors are experienced and passionate about what they do and offer a personalized approach for each student. I chose to major in Analytics to gain the highly versatile skillset that will prepare me for a career in a variety of fields. The professors in this program not only teach these technical skills however, they foster the creative thinking that is necessary to solve real-world problems.Abigail Merlis Professional ballet dancer at the Boston Ballet, and BS in Analytics student
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
Application Facts – begin at our website
- No application fees
- No SATs or ACTs required
- Multiple start terms per year
- Online application – free and simple to complete
- Academic transcripts: submit one of the following
- Official high school degree or completed attestation form
- Official GED
- Official associate degree showing degree conferral and date
- Transfer credit documentation: should be submitted with your application material
- Academic transcripts from each institution you previously attended:
- Official U.S. transcripts: if you applied previously earned credit toward your earned associate degree, you must request transcripts from each institution you attended.
- Official foreign transcripts: must include English translation. We encourage you to submit a course-by-course evaluation of your diploma(s) and transcript(s)
- College-level examinations: official examination score(s)
- Military evaluation
- Academic transcripts from each institution you previously attended:
- Proof of English language proficiency: ONLY for students for whom English is not their primary language
For more information on Bachelor's Completion Admissions Requirements, please visit our Application Web Page.
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Global Engagement Learn how our teaching and research benefit from a worldwide network of students, faculty, and industry partners.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Prior Learning Assessment/Transfer Credits
Northeastern knows it’s experience that makes the difference. It’s why we work with applicants to determine how we can turn their prior classroom learning and work experience into transfer credit—up to 60 credits. Here are a couple of transfer credit opportunities for students entering the BS in Analytics:
- Accredited Institutions – Students can transfer previously earned credits (up to 60 credits) from a regionally accredited institution such as a community college.
- Infosys – Students from our partnership with Infosys may qualify for credit from a prior learning assessment (PLA) based on their relevant work experience and on-the-job training.
Your Head Start on a Master’s Degree
By completing the BS in Analytics, you can advance your learning by applying up to 16 credits earned toward your bachelor's and master’s degree, allowing you to receive your graduate degree one year sooner than you would with a traditional Master of Professional Studies in the following fields:
- BS Analytics/Master of Professional Studies in Applied Machine Intelligence
- BS Analytics/Master of Professional Studies in Geospatial Services
- BS Analytics/Master of Professional Studies in Informatics
Cost and Tuition
Cost per Course
Avg Institutional Aid
% Receiving Aid
The deadlines below are recommended; however, admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis and applications submitted after these deadlines will still be considered for the upcoming term.
Summer 2021 Domestic Deadlines if Transferring Credit
|Start Date: May 10, 2021||Deadline: April 12, 2021|
|Start Date: June 30, 2021||Deadline: June 2, 2021|
Fall 2021 Domestic Deadlines if Transferring Credit
|Start Date: September 9, 2021||Deadline: August 12, 2021|
|Start Date: October 27, 2021||Deadline: September 29, 2021|
Student Body Profile
69% of employers say they prefer job candidates with data analytics skills, and by 2022 there will be 2.72 million job postings for skilled analytics professionals. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities in the analytics field are expected to grow at a faster-than-average pace especially for graduates with the ability to interpret and transform data into actionable insights.
What can you do with your degree?
This analytics program is well suited for individuals who wish to pursue a career as an analyst in a variety of industries including marketing, finance, management, and healthcare.
Job titles to consider include:
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Sales Operations Analyst
- Healthcare Data Analyst
Ask us anything
What scholarship opportunities are available for bachelor’s completion students in the BS in Analytics program?
Scholarships up to $15,000 are available for students in the BS in Analytics program. These include:
- Professional Advancement Scholarship (average award $6,000 - $10,000)
- Lowell Institute Scholarship (up to $15,000)
- Dean’s “Break Through” Scholarship (up to $10,000)
- Community College Scholarship (up to $5,000)
- Ruby Linn Scholarship for Servicemembers and Veterans (up to $10,000)