Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
Today's cross-functional teams and organizations require leaders who understand how to apply the collective expertise and capabilities of the group. But developing collaborative leadership skills is rarely on the agenda at most business schools or training programs. Like its on-campus predecessor, the online Graduate Certificate in Leadership is based on the belief that everyone is capable of leadership. The program studies every aspect of leadership dynamics—from the leader as an individual, to his or her role as part of a team. It also examines the function of leadership within a broader organizational culture and explores the development of strategic leadership techniques.
Delivered entirely online, the program’s coursework exposes students to a series of alternative perspectives of leadership, including collaborative models. The heightened level of interaction that the online format offers helps reinforce the themes of collaboration and teamwork. And the course's action-learning methods let participants build a personal model of leadership that they can put to immediate use in their workplace.
- Online program allows working professionals the flexibility and freedom of remote learning
- Credits earned in this certificate program can be applied to Northeastern's MS in Corporate and Organizational Communication, MS in Organizational Leadership, and MS in Project Management
- Allows working professionals to enhance leadership experience with exposure to relevant and up-to-date leadership strategies
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete two of the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Leadership alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Boston Public Schools
- State Street
- United States Air Force
- Massachusetts General Hospital
What They Do
- Business Development
- Community and Social Services
- Human Resources
What They're Skilled At
- Public Speaking
- Strategic Planning
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.