- Email: [email protected]
In addition to being a part-time lecturer at Northeastern University, I am also a part-time lecturer at other local colleges in the Boston area. Courses previously taught in addition to negotiation skills include management, marketing, investments, financial management, introduction to business, organizational behavior and entrepreneurship. I have over 25 years of experience in management at for-profit organizations in different industries (including electronics, capital equipment and information technology consulting companies) as well as not-for-profit organizations (Samaritans, a non-profit organization in Boston whose focus is to reduce the incidence of suicide). I have an MBA and advanced graduate degree from Babson College and Southern New Hampshire University as well as a bachelors degree in finance from University of Massachusetts/Amherst. Lastly, I am an avid skier and enjoy bicycling.
EducationMBA from Southern New Hampshire University (1984)
META GROUP/GARTNER (Gartner acquired META Group April 2005)
May 1998-January 2007
Sales Director/District Manager/Solutions Director
● Began my first two years as a Sales Director over-achieving sales targets and
recognized into “Presidents’ Club.”
● In my third year, promoted to a District Manager mentoring a team of
6-8 Sales Directors with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Annual District
Manager territories included New England as well as national verticals
(insurance and energy).
● Assisted in sales training concentrating in value selling.
HERLEY-MDI (formerly Micro-Dynamics, Inc.), Woburn, Massachusetts
October 1996-May 1998 and September 1986-December 1992
Sales Engineer/Regional Sales Manager
● Sold microwave components such as switches, switch filters, attenuators,
limiters and subassemblies.
● Hired and motivated manufacturers’ representatives in eastern United States.
● Opened new accounts and increased sales at existing accounts.
● Conducted price negotiations with customers.
● Converted lowest revenue producing territory to highest revenue territory
JOHN TRIEBER COMPANY, Nashua, New Hampshire
November 1993-September 1996
Regional Sales Manager
● Sold capital equipment such as aqueous in-line cleaners, wave soldering
equipment and water recirculation systems.
● Hired and motivated manufacturer’s representatives in eastern United States.
● Marketed existing equipment as well as new innovations.
SANDERS ASSOCIATES (now BAE Systems, Inc.), Nashua, New Hampshire
July 1981-September 1986
● Evaluated and selected prospective suppliers through financial reports,
supplier visitations and reputation investigations.
● Coordinated cost and price analysis of suppliers’ proposals to help derive the
appropriate negotiating technique.
● Negotiated with suppliers in terms of price, technical specifications, delivery and
contractual terms and conditions.
● Wrote and managed subcontracts in excess of ten million dollars, acting as a liaison
for functional areas including marketing, legal, finance/accounting, quality
assurance and engineering.