Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
The career trends in communications and marketing are clear – the demand for professionals with digital skills is sky high. Digital channels (search engines, websites, social media, email, mobile, etc.) and technology have transformed what it means to be a communication or marketing specialist. To pursue a career in these fields, you need both the new skills and hands-on experience in applying them.
In our Digital Communication and Media program you will develop a range of digital competencies, from research and content creation to assessment and channel development. And you will put those skills to work designing, implementing, and managing a major communication campaign as a participant in our one-of-a-kind Virtual PR Firm.
Check out the unique Virtual PR Firm at the heart of the learning experience.
- Acquire the digital communication and media skills that can advance your career in a wide range of organizations in both the private and nonprofit sectors.
- Gain ‘real-life’ strategic and tactical capabilities through the design and implementation of an actual communication campaign.
- Build virtual workplace skills, from presentations to team collaboration, that will enable you to succeed regardless of where your future employer may be based.
For International Students
- Please refer to the application deadlines page for available intake terms.
Experiential / Co-op Opportunities
Northeastern's signature experience-powered learning model has been at the heart of the university for more than a century. It combines world-class academics with professional practice, allowing you to acquire relevant, real-world skills you can immediately put into action in your current workplace.
This makes a Northeastern education a dynamic, transformative experience, giving you countless opportunities to grow as a professional and person.
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Minimum 120 total semester hours required
Minimum 2.000 GPA required
Students must earn a minimum of 60 Northeastern University semester hours in order to receive a bachelor’s degree.
Note: Individual program requirements may exceed the above minima.
All undergraduate students are required to complete the NUpath Requirements.
24 semester hours required
Complete one of the following two courses with corresponding labs:
Complete the following two courses with corresponding labs:
51 semester hours required
Visual Media and Art
15 semester hours required
Complete five of the following:
3 semester hours required
Complete a minimum of 27 semester hours to reach 120 semester hours.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
Application Facts – begin at our website
- No application fees
- No SATs or ACTs required
- Multiple start terms per year
- Online application – free and simple to complete
- Academic transcripts: submit one of the following
- Official high school degree or completed attestation form
- Official GED
- Official associate degree showing degree conferral and date
- Transfer credit documentation: should be submitted with your application material
- Academic transcripts from each institution you previously attended:
- Official U.S. transcripts: if you applied previously earned credit toward your earned associate degree, you must request transcripts from each institution you attended.
- Official foreign transcripts: must include English translation. We encourage you to submit a course-by-course evaluation of your diploma(s) and transcript(s)
- College-level examinations: official examination score(s)
- Military evaluation
- Academic transcripts from each institution you previously attended:
- Proof of English language proficiency: ONLY for students for whom English is not their primary language
For more information on Bachelor's Completion Admissions Requirements, please visit our Application Web Page.
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Your Head Start on a Master’s Degree
The PlusOne Accelerated Master’s Program provides motivated students with the opportunity to start earning their master’s degree while pursuing their undergraduate education. By completing the BS in Digital Communication and Media, you can advance your learning by applying up to 16 earned semester hours (or up to 22.5 quarter hours) toward both your bachelor's and master’s degree, allowing you to receive your graduate degree one year sooner than you would with a traditional master’s program in the following fields:
- BS Digital Communication and Media/Master of Science in Experience Design
- BS Digital Communication and Media/Master of Science in Information Design and Data Visualization
Cost and Tuition
Cost Per Credit
Avg Institutional Aid
% Receiving Aid
The deadlines below are recommended; however, admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis and applications submitted after these deadlines will still be considered for the upcoming term.
The domestic deadlines below allow time for those transferring credits. More details.
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Digital communications skills are in high demand by employers. In particular, employers are seeking skills ranging from social media and search engine optimization to web development and video storytelling, to name a few.
What can you do with your degree?
This bachelor’s degree program is designed for students who are interested in a variety of jobs within communications and marketing. Examples include copywriters, social media specialists, web designers, video specialists, public relations representatives, and marketing communications specialists.
The faculty team behind the BS in Digital Communication and Media brings real-world communications leadership, a hands-on teaching background, and a commitment to an unparalleled hands-on learning experience. Meet them: Carl Zangerl, Ed Powers.