Take a quick look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
The career trends in communications and marketing are clear – the demand for professionals with digital skills is sky high. Digital channels (search engines, websites, social media, email, mobile, etc.) and technology have transformed what it means to be a communication or marketing specialist. To pursue a career in these fields, you need both the new skills and hands-on experience in applying them.
In our Digital Communication and Media program you will develop a range of digital competencies, from research and content creation to assessment and channel development. And you will put those skills to work designing, implementing, and managing a major communication campaign as a participant in our one-of-a-kind Virtual PR Firm.
Check out the unique Virtual PR Firm at the heart of the learning experience.
- Acquire the digital communication and media skills that can advance your career in a wide range of organizations in both the private and nonprofit sectors.
- Gain ‘real-life’ strategic and tactical capabilities through the design and implementation of an actual communication campaign.
- Build virtual workplace skills, from presentations to team collaboration, that will enable you to succeed regardless of where your future employer may be based.
For International Students
- Please refer to the application deadlines page for available intake terms.
Experiential / Co-op opportunities
Northeastern's signature experience-powered learning model has been at the heart of the university for more than a century. It combines world-class academics with professional practice, allowing you to acquire relevant, real-world skills you can immediately put into action in your current workplace.
This makes a Northeastern education a dynamic, transformative experience, giving you countless opportunities to grow as a professional and person.
Get Set with a Custom Course Plan
Minimum 120 total semester hours required
Minimum 2.000 GPA required
Students must earn a minimum of 60 Northeastern University semester hours in order to receive a bachelor’s degree.
Note: Individual program requirements may exceed the above minima.
All undergraduate students are required to complete the NUpath Requirements.
24 semester hours required
Complete one of the following two courses with corresponding labs:
Complete the following two courses with corresponding labs:
51 semester hours required
Visual Media and Art
15 semester hours required
Complete five of the following:
3 semester hours required
Complete a minimum of 27 semester hours to reach 120 semester hours.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): Identify your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that Northeastern University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English language proficiency proof. Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
- No SAT/ACT test scores required.
- For international applicants, we require TOEFL (score of 79 or above) or IELTS (score of 6.5 or above).
- High school degree or equivalent required, and transcripts from all previous high school/colleges.
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Global Engagement Learn how our teaching and research benefit from a worldwide network of students, faculty, and industry partners.
Cost and Tuition
Cost per Course
Avg Institutional Aid
% Receiving Aid
Student Body Profile
Digital communications skills are in high demand by employers. In particular, employers are seeking skills ranging from social media and search engine optimization to web development and video storytelling, to name a few.
What can you do with your degree?
This bachelor’s degree program is designed for students who are interested in a variety of jobs within communications and marketing. Examples include copywriters, social media specialists, web designers, video specialists, public relations representatives, and marketing communications specialists.
The faculty team behind the BS in Digital Communication and Media brings real-world communications leadership, a hands-on teaching background, and a commitment to an unparalleled hands-on learning experience. Meet them: Carl Zangerl, Ed Powers.
Career Opportunities and Services
Have questions about how to apply?
Join us for our monthly application workshop! Register today.
Did you know?
A bachelor's degree is worth $2.8M over an employee's lifetime (Center on Education and the Workforce, 2011).
From Our Students
"I would recommend Northeastern because it's definitely going to make you more marketable in the world." — Carlos Quintanilla, Current Student
Did You Know?
College graduates earn 74% more than high school graduates (Pew Research Center, 2016).
Did You Know?
A bachelor’s degree is worth $2.8M over an employee’s lifetime (Center On Education and the Workforce, 2011).